Nutrition for Inflammation - The Anti-inflammatory Diet
What you'll learn
- How to heal inflammation using food as medicine
- How to sustain a healthy diet long term
- How to keep eating healthy in 'real life' - social situations, vacations holidays etc.
- How to choose foods that are right for your body
- How to create a plan that is specific to YOU
Inflammation is at the root of almost every chronic health condition. The list of symptoms of systemic inflammation is a lengthy one including joint and body pain, weight gain, brain fog, anxiety and depression, digestive problems, migraines, skin issues and persistent fatigue to name a few of the more common ones. Inflammation is at the root of almost every autoimmune disease as well.
In this course, we are going to cover how to heal inflammation naturally using food as medicine and integrative medicine practices such as meditation and exercise. We will begin with understanding how the immune system works, then discuss inflammation when it is doing what it should and when it is not. We will discuss what causes inflammation, leaky gut syndrome, dysbiosis and how to determine where your “weak link of inflammation” is. Students will learn what foods to avoid, and how to create a diet plan that works right for them.
I too used to suffer from inflammation-related issues. I had brain fog, fatigue and skin issues. I was on the edge of adrenal fatigue and burnt out. As a practicing Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, this was hard for me to accept, but it was my reality. I used the principle and techniques in this course to heal myself, and hundreds of my patients.
There is a new fad diet every day. Someone telling you “do not do, that do this!” In Nutrition for Inflammation, we address the root of the matter. We address the cause of the problem, inflammation, and in doing so, we treat all the branches – the symptoms. We explore the latest health and nutrition research to reverse chronic inflammation.
This course includes:
A 9-week nutrition plan
Over 60 Recipes
Meal tracking sheets
Worksheets to help you track your progress
Who this course is for:
- People looking to make a lasting change in their diet
- Those interested in leanrning more about using food as medicine
- People who are interested in a deeper understanding of why food matters for health
- Those struggling with inflammatory conditions such as: bloating, stomach aches, headaches, skin issues, brain fog and fatigue
- Those looking for a step by step meal plan to help heal inflammation
- Massage therapists, acupuncturists, yoga teachers or anyone looking to earn Continuing Education Credits/Units
I am a practicing Doctor of Tradition Chinese Medicine and Integrative Medicine. My practice has been tremendously gratifying, and through it I have had the opportunity to work with many people helping them heal, body mind and spirit. Through my practice, I soon discovered my true passion however: teaching. I have been teaching in the classroom for the last five years, and have been told by students and colleagues alike that it is my purpose. The focus of my lectures has been Psychology, Personal Growth, Nutrition and Orthopedic Assessment. My passion however is in self-development of any kind. I am a true believer in becoming the best version of yourself. I see Udemy as the perfect platform to bring my lessons to more people.
Between my clinical practice and teaching experience, I have gained a wealth of knowledge in the world of Health and Wellness, but I offer more than that. I am an avid outdoors man, adventure lover, and seeker of truth. I use skills and knowledge from many fields of study and interest to provide my students with unique, down to earth and always informative lectures.