Nursing Assistant Program Module 2 : Knowing your Resident
What you'll learn
- Importance of verbal and written communication
- Objective and Subjective information
- Barriers to communication
- How to communicate with residents with special needs
- Mental Health Disorders
- Combative behavior management
- Body Mechanics
- Fall Prevention
- Cuts/ Abrasions
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Shock/ Myocardial Infarction
- Insulin reaction and Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA)
- CVA / STROKES
- Infection prevention / chain of infection/ Standard Precautions
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- No specific prerequisites required. This course is for anyone wanting to be a caregiver, home health aide, nurse aide, patient care aide or nursing assistant. Anyone who wants to enhance their knowledge of basic health and caregiving will benefit from this course.
Communication is the most important component of our work with patients. It is the cornerstone of our interaction with people. A good and an effective exchange between people helps them see what the other person thinks and how he or she feels. It helps people understand each other better and, as a result, it brings them closer to each other. A good communicator listens to his patient. He doesn’t interrupt her but he actively, emphatically tries to understand what she is talking about. He asks open-ended questions and he tries to learn things not only about the illness but also about the patient as an individual. He tries to understand the patient’s point of view even if he disagrees with her and he never criticizes the patient.
We will also talk about medical and non medical emergencies, how to identify them, how to manage such crises. We will also be focussing on Infections, infection prevention, chain of infection, common infections such a Hepatitis, TB, VRE, MRSA and C.diff. We will focus on how to prevent and break the chain of infection. We will also focus on sterilization and disinfection, what is the difference between the two, standard precautions etc.
This course will also focus on Myocardial Infarctions, seizures, vomiting, choking, first aid, CPR and many other very important topics which you should know to be a successful NA, Nurse, Caregiver or in any healthcare profession.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone wanting to learn the basics of healthcare, those intending to become a home health aide, personal care aide, nursing assistant or a caregiver. This course will help anyone wanting to run or open a home health agency. This course will help anyone wanting to prepare for their home health aide licensure or certification. Anyone wanting to enhance their knowledge of healthy living, disease processes, prevention of infection, terminal and chronic illnesses.
- Are you interested in pursuing a nursing career in USA / UK/NEW ZEALAND/ AUSTRALIA OR THE MIDDLE EAST, then this course will prepare you for your Licensing Exam as well as your career in the country of your choice. .
- The course is offered in video lecture format and Qizz
- As a Nursing Assistant you can earn anywhere from $24000 to $55000 and above. The opportunities have increased immensely due to the Covid Pandemic with some places offering sign on bonuses of $5000 and above.
Currently : I am a Medical Educational Consultant for Mission of Hope International School in Houston USA. I manage educational curriculum and teaching in various fields including Nursing Assistants, Dental Assistants, Medical Assistants , Patient Care Technicians and more.
I have more than 30 years experience in health care working in different capacities in different nations including India, USA,
El Salvadore, Mexico, Ghana .
My experience is in different health care settings including Hospitals, Clinics, Home Health and Hospice.
I am also a CPR Instructor under American Heart Association
Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
Masters in Gerontology (MS)
Masters in Health Service Administration (MS)