Novel bootcamp; imagine, plan and start writing that book!
What you'll learn
- Find inspiration and ideas through a number of methods
- Test ideas to see if they are likely to be novel length
- Develop ideas for a novel into a plan for the book
- Use exploratory writing to learn about their characters and storylines
- Use simple methods to make planning a novel easier
- Learn some of the basics of writing good fiction
- Access to word processing software and/or stationery
- Good command of English or the language you plan to write in
Have you always wanted to write that novel but aren't sure exactly where to start? Do you have a bunch of ideas but you're not sure whether they'll work? Or maybe you've written a novel or two but are suddenly finding yourself stuck. Then this course is for you.
With lectures to help you with your creative writing techniques, your writing process, as well as editing and polishing your work, prize winning author Nicola Valentine takes you through all the stages of novel writing, helps you get started and do lots of work towards your finished book. Take this course and work step by step through the process of writing your first novel and get lots of guidance and help along the way.
Learn how creative writers develop ideas and build the impetus to write a novel. Grow, build or design your novel; it's up to you which method you choose. Explore your characters, setting and plot with creative writing exercises designed to guide and inspire you. Learn how bestselling and prize winning authors work with ideas, and how ideas become novels over the fullness of time. Find ways into creative writing that will leave you desperate to start the first chapters, and give you the drive to finish writing the book. Learn about working with drafts and editing, as well as some tricks in MS Word to help you edit your writing. And NEW this November; a bonus section of Write Channel videos about publishing.
This course includes:
Nearly three hours of video lectures on creative writing
Downloadable creative writing resources and handouts
Regular creative writing exercises and assignments that build on one another, with the chance to post your writing and get feedback
Guidance on how to write great dialogue, and on story structure
Advice about getting published, or publishing yourself, as well as what to do once your work is out there
This course will get you well on the path to writing your first book and help you find a novel writing process that works for you. With full 30 day money back guarantee, there's nothing to lose.
So enrol now and get started on your novel writing journey!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to write a novel
- Anyone who wants to learn about planning and starting a novel
- Writers who are looking for a bit of creative spark and inspiration to get going
- Probably not the course for anyone who has a lot of writing experience or courses under their belt already
I'm a prize winning novelist as Nicola Monaghan, and also write best selling thrillers as Niki Valentine. I've published novels, novellas, short stories, articles in magazines and national newspapers and pieces for broadcast on BBC radio. I've also written and produced short films and am working on my first feature. I've taught creative writing at degree and masters' level for over a decade, and also run a creative writing channel on YouTube; The Write Channel