Norwegian Language Course B2 Part1
What you'll learn
- Norwegian Independent User B2 is for those who want to be completely independent when communicating in Norwegian. The course is on level B2 and prepares you for Norwegian Test B2 and The Bergenstest.
- In this course you will learn Norwegian at a level that is required to study any subject at a Norwegian University og College.
- Students will learn to understand the main ideas of a complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- Students will be able to interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- You will also be able to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- You will learn to understand complex conversations in personal and professional situations. You understand technical speeches. You can understand most TV and radio programs especially if they are about current issues.
- You will learn to understand the meaning of newspaper articles about current affairs in which the writers use a specific language, expressing their viewpoints. You can understand complex terms related to technical arguments.
- You will learn enough Norwegian to interact quite spontaneously and fluently with native speakers. You can take part in complex conversations, expressing your opinions and needs with confidence. You can describe a wide variety of events.
- You will learn to write clear, complex texts about a wide range of subjects, justifying the pros and cons of plans and giving different opinions. You can write texts that clearly describe specific events.
- You will learn to provide clear and detailed descriptions on a wide range of topics related to your interests. You can express your point of view, giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options, with ease and confidence.
- You should have a B1 - level knowledge of the Norwegian language before you start the B2 course.
The B2 course is all about finalizing your understanding of the Norwegian language. Improve your conversational skills and enhance the technical part of the language. You will be equipped to handle all common language situations in Norway and do so confidently.
Being at a B2 level in Norwegian means that you have a good vocabulary related to your own daily life, in addition to your own subject area. You can give lectures on topics related to your own daily life, but also about politics, the environment and the media. You can give instructions and messages, and understand some Norwegian dialects. You should be able to critically evaluate texts and use different learning strategies as needed. You can write texts in various genres, such as minutes, abstracts and argumentative texts.
A B2 student can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
In this first part of the B2 course we will cover topics such as:
Norway to day and facts about Norway.
Daily life for most Norwegians.
Norway a multicultural country.
Schools and higher education in Norway.
Work - life in Norway. What is it like?
Climate and environmental challenges.
Health and health related issues.
The course also offers lots of exercises and tips needed to reach the B2 level.
The will be some assignments which are important to complete in order to get the necessary language practice at the B2 level.
In addition there will be some information about the Bergenstest and other tests at the B2 level.
Who this course is for:
- The B2 level is required for many professional occupations in Norway. Here are som examples of occupations that requires B2 level of proficiency: A medical doctor at a hospital, a teacher or professor in schools and as a public servant in government offices.
- B2 level is considered the level that most people who want to live in Norway aim for. This is the level where you´ll be able to get by easily in your daily life without being completely proficient in the language.
Hello I´m Henning Gustavsen, I´m an educated teacher from Vestfold University College graduated in 1996. I have specialization in Norwegian and English as well as special needs education. In 2000 I graduated, as a special needs teacher. I´m a member of Utdanningsforbundet (teachers union in Norway).
There are many reasons why someone would like to learn Norwegian, maybe you have relatives living in Norway today, or perhaps your ancestors emigrated from Norway a long time ago? It may also be that you are planning a vacation to Norway so see the wonderful nature and experience the culture of the Vikings. Quite a few people would like to learn Norwegian well in order to get a job in Norway.
No matter what your reasons for learning Norwegian are, I hope you'll enjoy the course. If you have any questions pleas don't hesitate to contact me! I will be glad to help you out!