Norwegian Language Course A1 Part 1
What you'll learn
- Presenting yourself
- The Alphabet
- Time and numbers
- Being able to speak about known themes and describing persons you know
- Asking for repetition and understanding simple instructions and messages
- Wrap Up!
- You must know the Latin alphabet (If you are able to read this, you already know it)
- Some basic knowledge of English since the instructions will be given in English. (Especially in the first part of the course)
An Introduction to the Norwegian Language
Elementary Norwegian Course Level A1 follows The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
As a beginner level course no previous knowledge of Norwegian is needed. However being familiar with the Latin Alphabet will be necessary.
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
For a complete presentatation of the course content please watch the Intro video.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who would like to learn about the Norwegian (Scandinavian) language and Culture
- Beginner level
Hello I´m Henning Gustavsen, I´m an educated teacher from Vestfold University College graduated in 1996. I have specialization in Norwegian and English as well as special needs education. In 2000 I graduated, as a special needs teacher. I´m a member of Utdanningsforbundet (teachers union in Norway).
There are many reasons why someone would like to learn Norwegian, maybe you have relatives living in Norway today, or perhaps your ancestors emigrated from Norway a long time ago? It may also be that you are planning a vacation to Norway so see the wonderful nature and experience the culture of the Vikings. Quite a few people would like to learn Norwegian well in order to get a job in Norway.
No matter what your reasons for learning Norwegian are, I hope you'll enjoy the course. If you have any questions pleas don't hesitate to contact me! I will be glad to help you out!