Norwegian Language Course A1 P3
What you'll learn
- An Introduction to the Norwegian Language. Elementary Norwegian Course Level A1 follows The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
- To describe your home and where you live.
- Housing, rent and expenses in relation to your home.
- Types of common homes in Norway.
- Health and body.
- How to keep in shape.
- To describe where you have pain.
- Words and sentences you can use at the doctors office or in a hospital.
- Words for common illnesses and drugs needed for treatment.
- Work and work experience.
- To speak about your education and qualifications.
- Words for some common occupations and work in general.
- To tell about your free time and something you have done or experienced in a free time activity.
- To invite someone to join you for something during your free time or Holiday!
- To make an agreement in Norwegian.
- Cultural activities.
- Norwegian Language Tests and Formal Assessment of Your Language Skills in Norwegian! Some tests can be taken abroad (e.g. at a Norwegian Embassy or Consulate), all tests can be taken in Norway.
- Some very basic knowledge of Norwegian is needed (Norwegian Language Course A1 Part 2 or similar).
An Introduction to the Norwegian Language
Elementary Norwegian Course Level A1 follows The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
Some knowledge of Norwegian is needed (Norwegian Language Course A1 Part 2 or similar).
Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
For a complete presentation of the course content please watch the "What the students will learn in this course".
Who this course is for:
- Beginner learners of the Norwegian Language with some basic knowledge of the language.
Hello I´m Henning Gustavsen, I´m an educated teacher from Vestfold University College graduated in 1996. I have specialization in Norwegian and English as well as special needs education. In 2000 I graduated, as a special needs teacher. I´m a member of Utdanningsforbundet (teachers union in Norway).
There are many reasons why someone would like to learn Norwegian, maybe you have relatives living in Norway today, or perhaps your ancestors emigrated from Norway a long time ago? It may also be that you are planning a vacation to Norway so see the wonderful nature and experience the culture of the Vikings. Quite a few people would like to learn Norwegian well in order to get a job in Norway.
No matter what your reasons for learning Norwegian are, I hope you'll enjoy the course. If you have any questions pleas don't hesitate to contact me! I will be glad to help you out!