How to Ask for a 6-Figure Donation
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create a fundraising pitch to give to nonprofit donors
- Feel comfortable asking for a 5, 6, or 7-figure donation for your nonprofit
- Learn how to tell compelling stories to donors about the work you do
- Feel confident at your next donor meeting and ready to give your fundraising pitch
- No fundraising experience needed. We walk you through each step, so you know exactly what to say at your next fundraising meeting.
This class is about 60 minutes long and shows you exactly how to ask for a 6-figure donation for your nonprofit.
Course Content & Overview
You will learn step-by-step through the donor meeting, help you plan exactly what to say, and how to make the ask for a donation. You'll learn the 8-Step Pitch Path system to help you share with your donors the great work you are doing and the impact you are having on the world.
Part 1: The Mindset
Do I even need a pitch?
Why it all starts with a Big Vision
The Mindset of a Successful Fundraiser
Part 2: Building Your Donor Pitch
3 Reasons Why People Give
8 Steps of the Pitch Path: How to build a great pitch
The Elevator Close: What to say when you don't know how much to ask
Part 3: Perfecting Your Pitch
How to Write Your Pitch First Draft
How to Practice Your Donor Pitch
How to Start Your Pitch in a Donor Meeting
How to Use Your Pitch on a Phone Call
Advanced Pitch Strategies
Who is this for?
The ideal student is someone who works in fundraising either for a nonprofit or helping a nonprofit. This works for existing nonprofit organizations and start-ups. The course is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to build your donor pitch and feel confident knowing exactly what to say at your next donor meeting.
If you are not completely satisfied with the class for any reason, simply return the course within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Want to begin?
Click the "Buy" or "Enroll" button in the upper right corner.
Who this course is for:
- Nonprofit leaders, board members, volunteers or anyone interested in helping fundraise for a nonprofit.
I help leaders feel confident as they learn to pitch the great work they do.
I’m the founder 7-Figure Fundraising, a company that trains leaders on how to make pitches to ask for 6 and 7-figure donations, and the host of the 7-Figure Fundraising Podcast.
I have an MSc in behavioral science from the London School of Economics and I combine what works in the real world with ethical and research-based techniques. My goal is to help you use proven strategies to pitch and persuade your donors or customers.