Non Destructive Testing Methods (NDT Process)
What you'll learn
- Non Destructive Testings of metals,machines and components like Die Penetration testing, Magnetic particle testing, Radiography, Ultrasonic Testing etc
- Visual Testing, Die Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Eddy Current Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Radiography Testing, Acoustic Emission Testing
- Leak Testing, Vibration Analysis
- Basics of Physics must be a science or Engineering Student
- Students will be able to apply NDT Techniques in Real life
Non Destructive testing (NDT) is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed the part can still be used.
In contrast to NDT, other tests are destructive in nature and are therefore done on a limited number of samples ("lot sampling"), rather than on the materials, components or assemblies actually being put into service.
These destructive tests are often used to determine the physical properties of materials such as impact resistance, ductility, yield and ultimate tensile strength, fracture toughness and fatigue strength, but discontinuities and differences in material characteristics are more effectively found by NDT.
Today modern nondestructive tests are used in manufacturing, fabrication and in-service inspections to ensure product integrity and reliability, to control manufacturing processes, lower production costs and to maintain a uniform quality level. During construction, NDT is used to ensure the quality of materials and joining processes during the fabrication and erection phases, and in-service NDT inspections are used to ensure that the products in use continue to have the integrity necessary to ensure their usefulness and the safety of the public.
It should be noted that while the medical field uses many of the same processes, the term "nondestructive testing" is generally not used to describe medical applications.
Music by Joystock
Who this course is for:
- Material science or Inspection quality engineers, Mechanical Engineering, Civil, Chemical, Aerospace, Medical students, Any one who want to learn and get job in NDT Field
- Students who are Curious about Non Destructive Testing
- All people interested in material inspection
- Students studying material examination, quality control or welding technology
- Quality control people in the manufacturing industry dealing with metal fabrication
Hi! Naman Gandhi here. I am full time trainer, YouTubers and Founders of Naman gandhi school of excellence with a passion for helping others live out what they love doing most.
I have helped over 16,000 students through our online and offline courses and millions more through our YouTube tutorials and consulting services. I am Mechanical Engineer having a Masters in Production and Manufacturing, Having a patent and several research papers, Expert in Additive Manufacturing, Material Engineering, Operation Research, theory of Machines, Modeling Software's. Worked on Several mechanical Engineering projects. Recently i am working as a assistant professor at Indore Institute of Science & Technology from last 5 year.
I have done so many projects on non destructive testings, Additive Manufacturing and Automobile.
I have taken so many workshops and FDPs on wide topics of Mechanical Engineering.