Node.js Bootcamp - Create Server-Side Apps with JS
- A code editor
- No prior knowledge of Node is required!
Learn Node.js and run your very own http server, ready to handle client requests, show HTML content and read from files! Thanks to its event-driven system, you’ll be able to handle multiple requests and not worry about the page load time. And don’t worry, this course assumes you have no prior knowledge of Node! So what exactly will you be learning to do?What you’ll learn
This course is a great introduction to Node, going through the following topics:
- Installing Node.js
- What is the Node loop and how it works in order to perform non-blocking I/O operations
- Installing and using third-party packages so you can benefit from the ever growing Node community
- Requesting data from different API’s
- Displaying HTML content to the client
- Reading and handling CSV data
- Handling different client requests
- Reading from files
- Writing to files
The course is structured in mini-projects that build upon each other, starting with the basics. Let’s see what you’ll be able to do when you finish this course!
- The “Hello World ” test – Install and run your first server locally and learn to send data to the client
- Use node packages – You will be using Moment package to display information based on specific conditions
- Request data using APIs and display that data to the client – You will be requesting data from an actual website in JSON format and use it to display information
- Parse JSON data and display it in a HTML table
- Create CSS files and use them to format your table so that it’s easier to read
- Request CSV Data – You will again be requesting data from a live website in CSV format and use it to display that information to the client
- Parse CSV data and display it in a HTML table
- Handle multiple data types and parse them accordingly depending on their format! – You will handle multiple requests with both CSV and JSON data types
- Use the built in event-loop – add interval timers to request data at an interval of your choice so you’re sure your data is up to date
- Organize your code and keep it clean – exporting functions and importing them where you need to use them
- Create a server log file – useful to keep track of what your server is doing and a valuable debugging tool!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to take their web development skills to the next level
- 00:03Source Code
- 00:18Additional Resources
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 400,000 learn to code.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by 500,000+ learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.