Node with SocketIO: Build A Full Web Chat App From Scratch
What you'll learn
- Understand RESTful API Design
- Use Social Authentication in Apps
- Dependency Injection Module
- SocketIO Events
- Store and Retrieve Data with MongoDB and Mongoose
- AWS S3 Buckets
- App Deployment to Production
- Express Servers and APIs
- Group Chat Functionality
- Private Chat Functionality
- A computer on which you can install software
- A basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- A basic understanding of AJAX method
Have you tried to build your own web application with real time functionalities using Node? Maybe you have heard about the popular socket IO real time application framework but have never used it because you don't know where and how to start. Perhaps, you have tried to build an application with some socket IO functionalities and you need to do more with it, then this course is for you.
This course is created for you
The complete socket IO course will guide you through building your own real time web chat application from start to finish.The course uses tools like Express, Mongodb, Mongoose.
The best way to learn Node
Reading about Node is not just sufficient in learning but also by building real world apps. That is why this course is strictly project based from start to finish. At the end you'll gain hands on experience in learning Node and socket IO.
You'll be building a chat application using:
- Socket IO
- Amazon Web Service
- RESTful API Design
- Asynchronous programming
- ES6 features like classes
- Version control with Git
- App deployment with Heroku
What is an app if it is not online for people to use? That is why i'll show you how to deploy your app to Heroku and also point your own domain to heroku app url or domain.
During the course you'll learn:
- Dependency injection with modules
- Users local authentication with passport
- Users social authentication with Facebook and Google
- Amazon Web Service
- Uploading files to AWS S3 buckets from your Node.js app
- MongoDB aggregate method
- Socket IO emitting and listening for events
- Group chat functionality
- Private chat functionality
- Functionality to send and receive friend requests
- Real time friend request and message notifications
- Using third party API
- App deployment to Heroku (You'll see how to point your own domain to heroku app)
- And more...
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to launch their own chat application for other people to use
- Anyone with a passionate and enthusiastic mindset to learn
- Anyone wanting to train in back-end development
Hi, i am Uzochukwu Eddie Odozi. I am a software developer who has interest in web and game development. I have a bachelors in Mathematics and an M.Sc. in Computer Engineering from Tallinn University of Technology.
I enjoy working with Angular, Ionic, Unity as well as nodejs. I enjoy coding a lot.
I have had many success and failures in web development and all those has contributed to where I am today.