No Nonsense Python: learn Python basics and start coding
The reason I made this course is simple. When I was learning Python, I would join courses that spent hours covering the most simple of topics and went far too in depth about niche features of Python I would probably not be using for a while.
Python is so well documented that if you know the basics, you can find out how to do the advanced things really easily.
So this course aims to give you a really good grounding in the basics of Python and will intentionally leave out the bits you're not going to use very often / ever.
We will cover:
Creating & interacting with variables
Using arithmetic functions
Using comparison operators
Creating & interacting with lists, tuples and dictionaries
For & while loops
- People that would love to get hands on with Python
- Beginner Python Developers
- Python Newbies
- Our Python Environment00:56
- The theory of variables01:23
- Getting to grips with variables02:46
- Arithmetic and comparison operators02:54
- Variable reassignment & arithmetic with variables01:10
- Creating and interacting with lists05:02
- Getting started with tuples01:29
- Using dictionaries to drive your program06:07
- Commenting your code00:47
- The theory of if statements00:52
- If, then, else statements07:30
- EXERCISE: If statements00:25
- SOLUTION: If statements00:05
- The theory of loops02:35
- Dive into while loops04:59
- EXERCISE: while loops00:29
- SOLUTION: while loops00:27
- Getting to grips with for loops04:54
- EXERCISE: for loops00:12
- SOLUTION: for loops00:07
- Code structure & indentation02:59
- String Functions03:51
- The theory of functions01:32
- Creating our first function02:23
- Resources to continue your learning00:45
- What do I do now?00:56
Hey guys! I am a data engineer by trade and specialize in Python, SQL, Spark, Hive, MongoDB and more. I've come on Udemy to try and make simple, short crash courses into these technologies as I personally find the longer courses too drawn out & I often lose interest. The idea is to keep it short and sharp!
For loads of advanced Spark, Python & Big Data topics, please visit my website (the button on this page will take you there) - where I talk about scaling up to enterprise grade solutions.