Create a Text Generation Web App with 100% Python (NLP)
What you'll learn
- How to implement state-of-the-art text generation AI models
- Background information about GPT-Neo, a state-of-the-art text generation NLP model
- How to use Happy Transformer -- a Python library for implementing NLP Transformer models
- How to train/implement GPT-2
- How to implement different text generation algorithms
- How to fetch data using Hugging Face's Datasets library
- How to train GPT-Neo using Happy Transformer
- How to create a web app with 100% Python using Anvil
- How to host a Transformer model on Paperspace
- A solid understanding of basic Python syntax
- A Google account (for Google Colab)
GPT-3 is a state-of-the-art text generation natural language processing (NLP) model created by OpenAI. You can use it to generate text that resembles text generated by a human.
You will learn how to:
Implement GPT-Neo (and GPT-2) with Happy Transformer
Train GPT-Neo to generate unique text for a specific domain
Create a web app using 100% Python with Anvil!
Host your language model using Google Colab and Paperspace
NONE!!! All of the tools we use in this tutorial are web-based. They include Google Colab, Anvil and Paperspace. So regardless of if you’re on Mac, Windows or Linux, you will not have to worry about downloading any software.
Model: GPT-Neo -- an open-source version of GPT-3 created by Eleuther AI
Framework: Happy Transformer -- an open-source Python package that allows us to implement and train GPT-Neo with just a few lines of code
Web technologies: Anvil -- a website that allows us to develop web app using Python
Backend technologies: We’ll cover how to use both Google Colab and Paperspace to host the model. Anvil automatically covers hosting the web app.
About the instructor:
My name is Eric Fillion, and I’m from Canada. I’m on a mission to make state-of-the-art advances in the field of NLP through creating open-source tools and by creating educational content. In early 2020, I led a team that launched an open-source Python Package called Happy Transformer. Happy Transformer allows programmers to implement and train state-of-the-art Transformer models with just a few lines of code. Since its release, it has won awards and has been downloaded over 13k times.
A basic understanding of Python
A google account -- for Google Colab
Who this course is for:
- Python developers interested in AI and NLP
The primary goal of Vennify AI is to create high-quality educational material surrounding NLP. This educational content will focus on Transformer models, as we believe they are a key technology within NLP.
Vennify was founded by Eric Fillion, who is also the lead maintainer of an open source Python package called Happy Transformer
My name is Eric Fillion, and I am the founder of Vennify Inc.
In 2020, my team published an open-sourced python library called Happy Transformer, which allows programmers to implement state-of-the-art Natural Language Processing (NLP) Transformer models with just a few lines of code. This library has been downloaded over 13k times, has won awards, and is currently used by experts worldwide.