The Essentials of ATM Strategies in NinjaTrader 8
What you'll learn
- You will learn everything about creating ATM strategies in NinjaTrader 8.
- You will learn how to initialize an ATM strategy from strategy code.
- You will learn how to substitute Orders inside ATM strategies with values calculated in code.
- You will learn how to build Stop Strategies without coding.
- You will learn how to set AutoBreakEven without coding.
- You will learn about all functions that ATM strategies have in the ChartTrader.
- You will learn how to set Auto Trail without coding
- You will understand how to code UI elements
- You will understand how to subscribe to events in NinjaTrader like click, mouse move or button press!
- Course has 2 parts, you need C# knowledge for the first part and for the second one you don't.
- You will need to install and run NinjaTrader 8 which is free.
NinjaTrader is truly an amazing platform! When I started exploring ATM strategies they looked very mysterious to me because because no other platform has anything like this. The ATM strategy allows you to:
a) build half automated set ups really quickly
b) increase your trading systematization and stick to the rules
c) automate set ups without the need to code
d) combine strategy code for calculations and triggering entries
In this course I explore ATMs in two parts. The first part is fully dedicated to initializaing ATM from strategy code. The bonus here is that in this section I also show how to use the UI in NinjaTrader, create your own buttons and subscribe to keyboard or mouse click events. We create an interesting system together where an entry is triggred by crossing over a drawing object, in our case a line. Once an entry is triggered an ATM is fired up and you are free to take over the position management with your manual techniques.
In the second part of the course we explore the ATM functionallity which is quite widely presented by NinjaTrader. We look into AutoTrail and AutoBreakEven set ups, explore Stop Strategies and Simulated Orders, check out what Chase is and go through all the settings the ATM has.
After this course, even if you skip the coding part you should be able to build your own ATM strategies quite quickly. If you also explore the coding part you will understand how to start your ATM from your strategy code and control its stop and profit orders.
I was personally very positevely surprised with the functionallity that ATM brings and I really hope you will find this course usefull in your won trading. Good luck, thank you for reading and feel free to enroll and ask any questions in the forum!
Who this course is for:
- NinjaTrader users
- People who want to improve their skills trading opportunitites using ATM strategies
- People who want to explore how to connect scripts to ATM strategies in NinjaTrader.
Yuri Zolotarev has extensive experience in programming in C# especially for the financial industry. He has written over a thousand trading strategies for Wealth Lab and NinjaTrader as well as worked on development of major quantitative financial systems.
Yuri's stack is based upon C# .NET, Angular and Xamarin. He has also been valuably involved in development of enterprise products for various business automation processes creating web application, standalone solutions and mobile apps.
He has been a video instructor for many
years now and has recorded a wide range of training materials for private
clients as well as for public availability.
Outside the professional world Yuri enjoys jazz guitar and training his Labrador named Harley.
Юрий Золотарев - программист, остановивший свой выбор на полноценном познании С#.
"На сегодняшний день существует множество технологий но я выбрал С# не просто так. Я искал что-то универсальное, то, на чем можно будет писать подо все".
Сейчас с помощью С# ASP.NET Core я пишу web приложения, которые могут запускаться на любых оперативных системах, использую Xamarin для кросс платформенной мобильной разработки и Angular для "фронтэнда".
На мой взгляд это универсальный стек и все что я делаю на Udemy ведет именно к тому чтобы полноценно передать свои знания как fullstack инженера способного понимать все особенности разработки.