Night Photography in practice
What you'll learn
- You will get to know the most important techniques of working with a camera at night.
- We will show you how to position the camera.
- White balance at night will no longer be a mystery for you.
- Night photos of the city, architecture and flowing water.
- Car light trails.
- Portraits at nighttime.
- Photos of the moon, night landscapes, HDR.
- Painting with light – one of the most interesting techniques.
- The open flash technique may give even better results than painting with light.
- You only need two things – the camera and some motivation.
- It is necessary to know how to use the manual modes in your camera, including white balance.
- All you need is the camera you have, it does not have to be professional, just bear in mind that a camera with manual modes will allow you to do more. However, the principles of photography and working with light are the same for any type of camera.
Night photography is one of the most interesting and satisfying types of photography, which gives us huge creative possibilities and enables us to see a world that we can’t see with the naked eye. Mastering the basics of this type of photography is relatively easy, so after a short period of time it should no longer be a challenge. However, it’s necessary to know the basics of using your camera and, most importantly, the manual mode. You also need to know how to set the white balance manually and change the release mode. All this information can be found in our course on how to use a camera or in the instruction manual of your camera. But once we’ve gone through all this purely technical stuff, we can just enjoy taking photos after dark. Nighttime gives us a great opportunity to use light in a completely different way, unavailable during the day. During this training course, you will get to know what you can expect of your equipment, you will find out the ways of taking photos of the city, architecture, flowing water, landscapes, portraits and the moon... We will also show you the secrets of working with a flash, painting with light, open flash and HDR. Some lessons end with important summaries which will help you master night photography. Trust our experience in teaching. We have prepared an original training programme, tried and tested by thousands of participants. Each key topic is discussed at the right moment. With us, you will go from the basics to the master level. You can also count on continuous development throughout the course. Remember that you will have access to the course for an unlimited period of time. We provide support as well.
What will you learn?
city and architecture
portait at night
working with a flash
painting with light
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who knows how to use a camera and wants to get to know the techniques of working at night.
- If you are just starting your adventure with photography and you know how to use your camera, this course is for you.
- If you want to organise your knowledge, you will definitely be able to do that during this course!
- If you want to take nicer photos which are technically correct or you are interested in a particular genre of photography – join this course.
We are primarily a school that is formed by a group of professionals. These are photographers with university degrees, who are at the same time artists with numerous exhibitions and awards, but also long-term commercial photographers. Most importantly, however, they teach photography in stationary schools, from high schools to universities. Together we have trained tens of thousands of people, starting from the basics of photography, through art workshops, to specialist workshops in commercial photography. We have also carried out numerous photographic expeditions to inaccessible regions of the world. Even before the era of global tourism, we reached the inaccessible mountains of Siemen and the wild peoples of the Omo valley in Ethiopia, the once little known Laos, Burma, Papua, India or Nepal. . . Now we want to share our experiences with You.