NGINX, Apache, SSL Encryption - Certification Course
What you'll learn
- Deploying a virtual server on Digital Ocean
- Working with dynamic, static and floating IPs
- Using Terminal for remote authentication
- Installing and configuring LAMP Stack on Ubuntu 18.04
- Testing PHP
- Hosting Multiple Domains on one Apache Virtual Server
- Configuring Virtual Host Files and Directives
- DNS Zone File Configuration
- Understanding the difference between Apache & NGINX
- Installing NGINX on a Digital Ocean Droplet or any Virtual Server of your choice
- Modifying the NGINX Block Configuration file for hosting Websites
- Installing essential components on NGINX such as MySQL, PHP & PhpMyAdmin
- Securing PhpMyAdmin using symbolic links and NGINX's built in authentication gateway
- Securing your hosted websites with free SSL using Certbot & Let's Encrypt
- Installing and Configuring WordPress on your NGINX Server
- Types of SSL Certificates
- How SSL Certificates Work
- SSL Certificate Status Reports
- Redirect all Domain Variations to HTTPS
- Basic Computer Skills
Welcome to our latest course, which will guide you through the process of installing, securing, and configuring NGINX or Apache on an Ubuntu web server. You will also learn to encrypt all web traffic, using a Free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
This course begins with exploring the most widely used web server technology available, Apache. Statistics show that Apache is used to run over 65% of all web servers around the world. Understanding how to work with Apache, is an instrumental part of the web development process. Students will learn the following key concepts:
Deploying a virtual server on Digital Ocean
Working with dynamic, static and floating IPs
Using Terminal for remote authentication
Installing and configuring LAMP Stack on Ubuntu 18.04
Hosting Multiple Domains on one Apache Virtual Server
Configuring Virtual Host Files and Directives
DNS Zone File Configuration
NGINX is now considered the most powerful, efficient, and secure web server technology used to host web applications of all sizes and complexity. The software is open-source, and is designed for maximum performance and stability. It also aims to correct many of the short-falls of Apache, when it comes to delivering content to your end user. NGINX can be used for web serving, reverse proxying, caching, load balancing, media streaming, and much more.
The NGINX Section of this course will help you understand the following key concepts:
Understanding the difference between Apache & NGINX
Installing NGINX on a Digital Ocean Droplet or any Virtual Server of your choice.
Modifying the NGINX Block Configuration file for hosting Websites
Installing essential components on NGINX such as MySQL, PHP & PhpMyAdmin
Securing PhpMyAdmin using symbolic links and NGINX's built in authentication gateway.
Securing your hosted websites with free SSL using Certbot & Let's Encrypt
Installing and Configuring WordPress on your NGINX Server
SSL Certificates - Let's Encrypt
This section of the course offers an in-depth look into the role of SSL certificates when it comes to server security and web traffic encryption. We start with a thorough introduction which includes exploring different types of certificates and how they work. From there, students create a droplet on Digital Ocean and configure their own free SSL certificate using Let’s Encrypt Certificate Authority. This section of the course combines theoretical and hands-on training. Students have the opportunity to practice some of the concepts explored in the previous two sections, while also learning about free SSL Certificates, such as Let’s Encrypt.
Who this course is for:
- Students Interested in learning the Foundations of NGINX, Apache & SSL Encryption
- Students interested in learning how SSL Certificates work
- Web Developers interested in setting up NGINX on a Ubuntu Server, with MySQL, PHP, & PhpMyAdmin
- Web Developers interested in setting up APACHE on Ubuntu with LAMP Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Students interested in learn how to install and configure WordPress on NGINX
YouAccel was founded in 2015 with the mission to be one of the most interactive e-learning platforms on the web. YouAccel is now a leading provider in online training, serving a global audience of over 2 million passionate learners. This includes 6+ Million enrollments, across 50 best-selling courses. YouAccel offers courses across numerous industries from Programming & IT to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction. The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Taking the experience to a new personalized level, free support is available to all students who register for a course. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
YouAccel strongly believes that the future of online learning will be through open community-based initiatives, where everyone’s voice is equally heard. This is exactly what YouAccel strives to achieve – an inclusive environment, where students have control over the direction of course content. YouAccel courses are continuously updated based on feedback from students and engaged community members. YouAccel instructors encourage communication at every step of the learning process. To date, hundreds of contributors around the globe have invested both time and resources, to ensure YouAccel courses meet the highest level of quality. YouAccel instructors are world renowned and many of them have been featured in mainstream publications such as Forbes, Mashable, Entrepreneur, and PBS among others.