NFT (Non-Fungible Token): The Quick & Easy Guide
What you'll learn
- What are NFTs?
- How do NFTs work?
- How and why NFTs use blockchain?
- Quick overview of blockchain technology
- NFT Economics
- Analysts views on investment potential in NFTs
- How and where to buy NFTs?
- How and where to sell NFTs?
- The only requirement is an interest in learning how NFTs work
- No coding experience required
Let's start by asking the question: Why NFTs?
The quick answer according to the internet:
"NFTs have become hugely popular with crypto users and companies alike because of the way they revolutionized the gaming and collectibles space. Since November 2017, there has been a total of $174 million spent on NFTs.
Thanks to the advent of blockchain technology, gamers and collectors can become the immutable owners of in-game items and other unique assets as well as make money from them. In some cases, players have the ability to create and monetize structures like casinos and theme parks in virtual worlds, such as The Sandbox and Decentraland. They can also sell individual digitals items they accrue during gameplay such as costumes, avatars and in-game currency on a secondary market.
For artists, being able to sell artwork in digital form directly to a global audience of buyers without using an auction house or gallery allows them to keep a significantly greater portion of the profits they make from sales. Royalties can also be programmed into digital artwork so that the creator receives a percentage of sale profits each time their artwork is sold to a new owner.
William Shatner, best known as Captain Kirk from “Star Trek,” ventured into digital collectibles in 2020 and issued 90,000 digital cards on the WAX blockchain showcasing various images of himself. Each card was initially sold for approximately $1 and now provides Shatner with passive royalty income every time one is resold."
So what will you learn in this course?
The course will start by explaining the difference between fungible and non-fungible products.
Next, we will define NFTs and give a quick overview of what NFTs are.
The following video will explain how blockchains work, where blockchain is the technology behind NFTs.
With this knowledge (on how Blockchain works) you will be able to understand how NFTs work.
We will also discuss who can access NFTs and why is there a sudden interest in NFTs.
The next video will discuss the economics behind NFTs along with analysts’ views on NFTs as an investment potential.
We will end the course with how and where can you buy and sell NFTs
The course is designed to impart knowledge quickly and easily without taking up too much time!
Who this course is for:
- Techies interested in starting a career in NFTs
- Digital artists interested in learning how to make money from their digital art using NFTs
- Computer and console game developers interested in learning how they call sell their in game items
- Computer gamers interested buying unique in-game items
- Sports cards collectors
- Digital art collectors
Muhammad, is a business & finance instructor focused on helping Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) candidates & Energy Risk Professional (GARP) candidates prepare for the final exams.
Muhammad has worked as an equity research analyst / investment advisor in the past.
- Investment & Business Analysis.
- Energy Markets (Oil & Gas Industry).
- Financial Modeling.
- BSc Computer Science (Hons.)
- MBA (Finance)
- Cleared two of the three Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams.