Blender & Substance: Modeling and texturing videogame props
What you'll learn
- Blender 2.8x fundamentals and principal modeling tools.
- All the modeling workflow for videogames
- Optimization for videogames
- UV unwrapping for videogames
- Substance Painter fundamentals
- PBR texture creation for videogames
- 5 epic game-ready assets step by step
- Rendering in real-time with Blender Eevee and Cycles
- Rendering in real-time with Marmoset Toolbag
- Set the models in Unreal Engine
- A computer where you can run Blender and Substance painter
- It is not a requirement for the course but a digital tablet can help you a lot in the process
Along this course you will learn the complete workflow to create assets from scratch using two of the most powerful programs for 3D creation.
Include the following topics:
The fundamental theory of creating models for next-generation games
The fundamental theory of the PBR materials rendering method (currently the most used in the industry)
All the fundamental aspects of Blender to navigate fluidly in the interface
All the principal modeling tools
Several of the most important modifiers to create specific forms and surfaces
How to use the Sculpt mode and how to use it to add sculpted details to our models
How to create High poly models
How to create, clean and optimize a Low poly model
How to UV unwrap a model to project textures in it
How to project all the details from a High poly model into a Low poly model (Baking) using "matching by names" in Substance Painter
How to create and detail different PBR materials in Substance Painter
How to export all the texture maps to use them in any rendering engine
How to visualize any asset in Marmoset Toolbag to create high quality renders and export files for real-time visualization
How to import any asset in the game engine Unreal engine and how to configure the materials
How to set and render our models in Blender with the render engines Eevee and Cycles
Who this course is for:
- 3D students of any level who want to achieve professional results in their models for videogames
3D artist, gamer and dungeon master, with an endless curiosity about all the topics related.
My main weapons are Blender, Zbrush and Substance Painter, currently I am working as 3D Arstist, focused mainly in stylized projects.
I have more than 5 years of experience working both as freelancer and instructor, creating content mainly for videogames.