News Writing Fundamentals: Journalism 101
What you'll learn
- The fundamentals of news writing and how to write to the industry standard.
- Essential English principles.
- How to write an effective headline.
- How to write a strong intro.
- How to incorporate quotes into news writing.
- How to structure a news story.
- A good understanding of the English language is required.
Learn the fundamentals of news writing and how to write to the industry standard.
This course is a step-by-step guide on how to write direct, effective and coherent news stories. For those interested in journalism, this class will equip you with an essential skill. While for those interested in developing their writing ability, you will find that this course will strengthen your writing through insight into how industry standard news stories are constructed. The ability to write directly and efficiently is not just applicable to the world of journalism, but across many professional fields.
The fundamental elements of news writing will be covered in this course; from headlines and intros, to how to incorporate quotations and structure your work. This course features examples throughout in order to help students understand the core concepts of news writing.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and intermediate writers.
Hello everyone, I'm Josh, a recent journalism graduate from London.
I love throwing myself into new challenges and environments, as well as learning new skills.
I wish to use Udemy as a platform to share the knowledge and skillsets I've gathered over the past few years, in addition to connecting with like-minded individuals.
Enjoy my classes!