*UPDATED* Web Development Secrets 2022 - CRP, HTTP, AJAX ETC
What you'll learn
- 128+ lectures and 7.5+ hours of well-structured content
- Speed up your website (& increase conversion) 2021
- *Download lectures (for offline viewing)
- Understand the DOM, CSSOM, Render Tree and Layout
- Master HTTP, HTTP/2 and AJAX
- Learn how to optimize any website for speed by writing better code
- Understand the Network Panel, Performance Panel and Audit Lighthouse functions within DevTools
- Understand HTTP, TCP, Data Packets and a whole bunch more!
- Real examples of how AJAX works (we use both the XMLHttpRequest object and the newer Fetch API)
- Master the Critical Rendering Path
- Understand what are Render Blocking Resources and how we solve this problem
- From beginner to expert (advanced +)
- Ongoing updates to keep you current
- You will emerge an expert
- Write your own Polyfill
- Introduction to HTTP/2 and how it improves the current HTTP/1.1 protocol
- How to use a text editor that is completely free
- Gives you depth of knowledge to boost your ability and confidence
- All the techniques used by professional programmers
- Support from me
- Bonus lectures + practical examples
- A strong desire to become a full stack web developer
- Desire to KNOW the full process of how your webpage works behind the scenes
- Desire to KNOW how to use DevTools – Performance and Network Panels
- A computer is required as you need to code alongside me to learn effectively
Why 1-second matters hugely?
A one-second delay in page load time yields:
30% fewer page views
Less customer satisfaction
Loss in conversions
Aside from influencing ranking well with Google, a few extra seconds makes a big difference to viewer attention, interest, conversions and hence profit.
Let me share my web developer secrets with you
What this course covers?
By the end of this course, you'll be able to “speak” CRP by gaining an understanding of how to fetch data from a server and then get that data to your user as quickly as possible. We dig deeper in every lecture, learning about things like HTTP, TCP, data packets, render blocking resources, and a whole bunch more! This course has many bonus lectures which extend your knowledge base and test your skills.
*** A comprehensive Web Development course on Udemy ***
Successful programmers know more than rote learning a few lines of code. They also know the fundamentals of how web development works behind the scenes. If you’re wanting to become a full stack developer, you need to know how to deal with server requests and responses, loading, scripting, rendering, layout, and the painting process of the pixels to the screen.
I want you to become a successful programming Grandmaster.
I want you to be able to apply what your learn in this course to your webpage.
This course is perfect for you.
Hi there, my name is Clyde and together we’re going to learn about the entire critical rendering path and apply it to practical situations. We're going to practice and learn and emerge confident to tackle any challenges modern programs and websites throw at us.
After completing a few university degrees, and post grad studies, I developed a fascination for web design and software languages. For several years I have immersed myself in this. I spent a fair bit on top courses and went on to apply the knowledge practically. I recognized gaps in some of the courses I’ve taken and hence my course teaches what I wish I was taught. My intention is to share the knowledge with you in an easy to follow manner, so that we can benefit together. You benefit form learning, and I from sharing in your success.
This course is for beginners and for intermediates.
A unique view
Understanding web development is a vast topic. To get you up to speed, I’ve spent months thinking about where to focus content and how to deliver it to you in the best possible way.
You will learn "why" things work and not just "how". Understanding the fundamentals of web development is important as it will allow you to write better code. And trust me, every website encounters bugs and slow rendering times, and without understanding the fundamentals you will be totally lost.
How is this course different?
There are lots of great courses on web development. Pity they never get into the detail about how we get our website to your users screen as quickly as possible – which covers full stack development.
In this course, I focus on true web performance. This includes server requests and responses, loading, scripting, rendering, layout, and the painting of the pixels to the screen.
Practice makes perfect
Theory is theory … but there’s nothing like getting behind your computer and typing in code. That’s why we will be coding, laughing and pulling out our hair together as we code real life websites and exercises during this course.
I love practical examples, which is why we build simple pages and analyze the CRP together by using the Network Panel, Performance Panel and Audit Lighthouse within DevTools.
Is this course for you?
It doesn't matter where you are in your web development journey. It's suitable for all levels.
Still unsure? If you fit in any of these categories then this course is perfect for you:
Student #1: You want to dabble in the world of programming: learning the fundamentals of HTTP, AJAX, Data Packets and Rendering will allow you to extend this knowledge to any language
Student #2: You want to gain a solid understanding of web performance
Student #3: You want to start using backend frameworks like Node.js, which are heavily dependent on having a deeper knowledge about how to make AJAX requests, manipulate the response and then deliver it to the screen
Student #4: You kinda know what the Critical Rendering Path is, but have little knowledge about how it works behind the scenes, and how to practically implement it in your code
Student #5: You have taken other courses in web development but just don’t feel like you’ve grasped it
WHY START NOW?
Right this second, your competitors are learning how to become better web developers.
Web development is a blazing hot topic at the moment. But you have a distinct advantage. This course offers memorable learning topics, actionable tactics and real-world examples.
Lets get started!
What do you get?
· Lifetime access to all tutorial videos. No fees or monthly subscriptions.
· Q&A support.
· Quizzes and challenges to help you learn.
Let's get excited about becoming a professional web developer, and to be able to confidently apply it to your own websites.
See you in the lectures.
Who this course is for:
- NO: This course is NOT only for beginners. It is a complete beginner to advanced master course that is suitable for intermediates who know the basics and have an idea about how a browser fetches data from a server and displays that to a page. Experienced students sometimes prefer to skip a section that they are very familiar with
- YES: This course is for someone wanting to be a professional, to be expert and confident in the entire rendering process
- Those who want to learn modern coding techniques to speed your page loading experience without third party libraries and frameworks
- Those interested in building their own frameworks, or being better able to learn from the source code of other well-known frameworks and libraries
- Those who have some knowledge of web development, but little knowledge about how it works behind the scenes, and how to practically implement best practices in their websites
Ideas are a dime a dozen. The hard part is execution.
Harsh reality: most people I know never carry tasks to completion.
My experience and a few words of wisdom:
· I’ve had to learn things the old-fashioned way - through hard slog
· No one is a master of everything
· Credit is not my objective
· I don’t care about titles
· I care only about the fruit of my labor
· Understanding means less mistakes later, and mistakes cost a fortune
· Everything should be as simple as it can be
Oh, and one last piece of advice … dreams remain dreams until you take action. With all the skills you learn, remember to do something with them. Do you know what the Bible teaches us about the rich man who gave talents (aka: money) to 3 of his workers? The first 2 servants used the talents to trade and gain profit (this is good). The third servant was fearful and hid the talent (this is bad). Don’t be like this third worker. Instead, use your skills to build websites and apps, start businesses, and make an extraordinary impact on people's lives. What are you waiting for?