New to People Leadership (Stepping Up)
What you'll learn
- Gain the insights and tools to successfully "step up" and become an effective first time leader of people.
- The difference between Managing vs. Leading, different styles of leadership and when to use each.
- Define your preferred leadership style and the characteristics, behaviors and approaches you need to develop and exhibit to be a successful people leader.
- How to plan your day and manage your priorities. Understand your strengths and weaknesses and the importance of continual learning.
- The importance of and how to set direction, expectations and boundaries, how to delegate and deal with conflict.
- How to communicate more effectively as a leader. Learn the power of various meetings types and how to make each effective.
- Beginner Level Course - applicable for those with an interest to become a first time leader of people.
You have recently been promoted or are preparing for your first people leader role. You probably have the technical skills needed to succeed though do you have the right perspective, mindset and people skills to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team? In this beginner level course, you will gain the insights and tools to successfully "step up" and become an effective leader of people.
In respect of your time, this course only focuses on the key and most important elements that a first time leader of people should know and understand to effectively "step up" into a first time leadership role. You will learn what People leadership is, the difference between managing and leading and which Leadership style is right for you. Before you can become a good leader of others, you must first be good at leading yourself and you will explore best practices and tips to effectively manage your time and priorities. In leading others, you will learn how to set direction, expectations, boundaries, the importance of delegation and how to deal with conflict. You will learn about Leadership communication, how to hold effective meetings and meeting types. You will learn about and how to overcome the common struggles for first time leaders and how to best manage the transition if you are being promoted from a team member into the manager role of your previous peers.
Who this course is for:
- Primarily for those who have recently become a leader of people or those getting prepared for becoming a leader of people in the near future.
Accomplished senior executive with 20+ years’ experience leading HR & Commercial teams, spanning North America and Europe.
My belief is you are only as good as the people around you, and my focus throughout my career is on building a strong and sustainable team, driven by challenges and undaunted by obstacles, whose efforts contribute to the top-line and bottom-line performance successes. In my experience, I wish more companies and Leaders would spend more time helping their people and teams grow and develop soft skills and leadership capabilities. This is why I am now introducing a learning series that focuses on only the key and most important elements that every person should know and understand in the workplace. We are all busy, so I am keeping the learnings to the essentials in respect of your time.