Project Management: Simple Software Project Management
What you'll learn
- Manage Software Projects like a veteran
- Initiate, Plan, Execute and Control Projects - the CORRECT way
- Learn about the one thing that SIGNIFICANTLY reduces failure
- Identify Risks from a mile ahead - MITIGATE them
- Learn Techniques to Monitor and Control every aspect of the Project
- Close Projects Successfully - Never be left with a puttering, piddling project on your hands
- You will learn CORE SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS - You will be able to manage projects whether your company uses Agile / Waterfall / Reusable Methodologies - Or if you are in a services or a Product development company
- Nothing really - you should know some fundamentals of software engineering
This course will teach YOU how to be a great Software Project Manager. You will learn the special knowledge, skills, tools and techniques you will need to perform well - and with some experience you will become a great project manager.
Project Management could be your job title, your role or your activity - the lessons in this course applies well no matter how you define it.
Very often good technical people are promoted into Project Managerial roles. But Project Management is a different ball game altogether. In fact, you will need a different set of genes altogether. This course is where you will get that.
COURSE UPDATE 20th Dec 2016:
- 939 learners joined in 10 months of launch!!
- Great reviews - read them below
- Two BONUS lessons added - students have requested a few more and I am in production
My manifesto for this course is:
- Fast Track your learning
- Zero or minimal Jargon
- Included: Guidelines, Templates, Checklists, Examples, Case Study - every lesson
- No rambling long lessons ever
- Distill decades worth of learning into memorable videos
The course starts with fundamentals which are worth their weight in gold. Then in a very structured way - you will learn how to initiate projects, plan, execute and finally close projects. At every step you will learn how monitor and control all aspects of the project.
These are CORE SKILLS for a Software Project Manager - and you can use each of these lessons irrespective of the size of the project, methodology used, or company domain - whether you are in the services, consultancies or product development arena.
How to maximize your learning from this course:
- Sequentially go through each lesson of this course once
- Take lots of notes
- Re-visit each section depending on which project management process you are currently in (like planning or execution)
- Interact with your peers - here and elsewhere - share your experiences
So, make the best use of this opportunity to learn from a course where I have distilled the teachings of brilliant industry veterans - and added my own experiences to the mix.
Enroll now and see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- New Project Managers with no experience managing
- Experienced PM's new to Technology Projects
- Technical Leads who want to take on TEAM LEAD roles
- Entrepreneurs who have lead a development team
- Onsite Tech Managers
- Officers at Companies looking to Offshore Projects
- NOT FOR: those experienced in Software/Tech Project Management
- NOT FOR: those who have no professional software engineering experience
Srikanth's recent leadership role as Senior Software Delivery Manager for one of the World's Largest Learning Management System implementation for online structured higher education - with more than 400,000 students pursuing online Masters/Bachelors and Certificate for one of India's largest and most diversified Education Providers with a global footprint in countries including the US, Singapore, UAE-Dubai, Malaysia etc.
Srikanth has directly managed clients including Telegraph Media Group UK, Microsoft, Yahoo, Marriott, Expedia, British Airways, Precise Media Group UK, Sequoia Media Group US, Tesco, and Hooper Holmes Inc. Managed teams sized in excess of 50, cross functional and projects/products in excess of 15 million USD.
Srikanth has over 18 years of experience in Software Delivery Management, Project and Program Management, design and architecture, development of software solutions, spanning high-transaction enterprise level applications to standalone product development. He has extensive exposure to successful Program/Project management techniques such as PMP and Prince2; Experience in various software development methodologies like ISV Product Lifecycle, traditional Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and DSDM).
Extensive experience in Proposal Engineering – effort, schedule and pricing estimations using WBS, COCOMO, pre-sales and customer relations – specially in Off shoring model. Specialties: Proposal Engineering, Product Development, Client relationships, high complexity and visibility software delivery management, architecture and design.