New Product Development for Inventors and Entrepreneurs
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the New Product Development Process
- Understand how to value an idea
- Understand how to competitively evaluate the market
- Understand how to build a project scope, budgeting, timelines and functional benchmarking
- Understand the basics of design and development work
- Understand how to evaluate the manufacturer
- Understand how to approve a product for production start
- You should be able to use Microsoft Excel
- You should be able to use Microsoft Word
- You should be able to use PDF Reader
Do you have a product idea? Are you not sure what to do next? Who should you talk to? What do you need to get started? Then this course is the course for you!
In this course I will teach you the basic framework for the New Product Development Process. Learn from an expert in the consumer products field on how to develop a product. In other words, we will walk through how to take your idea from sketch to the stores. I will guide you through what questions to ask, what areas to consider and what documentation is needed.
For the inventor, the entrepreneur, the designer, the engineer, the tinkerer and the student, this is the course for you. This is an insider’s guide to Product Development. The course is easy to follow and broken down into concise lectures that will motivate you to launching your product!
“Let today be the start of something new!”
- Individuals with a desire to launch their own products
- Students with Design backgrounds
- Students with Engineering backgrounds
- Inventors, Tinkerers and Dreamers
In this lecture, you’ll meet Margot Sandy and she will welcome you to the course. You’ll also gain a sense of what activities you will complete and what you will be able to do by the end of this course.
- Instructor Introduction
- Course Description
- Course Learning Objectives
- Student Requirements
Margot Sandy shares additional contact details if further consulting is needed for your new idea.
In this lecture, Margot will show you what to do when you have an idea and how to determine its value.
- Idea Value
- Consumer Needs
- Idea Protection
- Benchmark Samples
This lecture helps identify the 3 major goals of any product development project as well as show you how to outline the key features and challenges.
- Identifying Project Objectives
- Defining Project Roles
- Identifying Risks, Assumptions & Communication Strategies
In this lecture, Margot will go over the basics of Product Design.
- Industrial Design Decision
- Ergonomics / Color Studies
- Color, Materials and Finishes Document