New Manager: The Basics and More of Being a Great Leader
What you'll learn
- A step by step guide to your first 94 days as a manager
- Communicate directly and clearly
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Recognize different stages in a group's development
- Adjust own behavior related to the development stage of the group
- Understand the need for and use of different leadership styles
- Set clear and effective guidelines for team behavior
- Distinguish between management and leadership
- Understand and manage conflicts
- Clarify expectations and focus efforts of the team
- Acknowledge colleagues in a way that supports healthy work relationships
- Understand how values influence relationships and leadership
- Work with reflection and learning, individually and in a team
- Motivate individuals and teams in a productive way
- Build trust and successful work relationships
- Excel in the management role with its unique demands and expectations
- Planning the operations of your team
- Coaching your coworkers to better performance, well-being and results
- Effective delegation of tasks
- To get the greatest benefit from the course make sure you have notebook or personal journal to accompany you during the course. This is completely optional, but highly recommended.
- It can be in a digital format or on good old paper.
- This will allow you to make notes of your lessons learned and experiences you have with applying the course in your everyday work, making sure you get the greatest possible benefit from the course.
Learn the basic concepts, tools and skills that you will need to become successful as a manager. Learn how to build and lead effective teams through both the easy and the hard times.
Build a strong foundation for your successful leadership with this comprehensive course
Get a great start with a detailed guide to your first 94 days as a manager
Learn to communicate clearly and how to work with constructive feedback.
Recognize and use group dynamics for better results.
Manage conflicts and relationships in a productive, energy efficient way.
Build motivated and self-learning teams with a high level of trust.
Learn how to best manage the demands and expectations of the management role.
Learn practical skills such as operations planning with your team, delegation and coaching
Time and Energy Saving Knowledge and Skills at Your Disposal
This course is built on more than 25 years experience with training new and experienced managers from all corners of the world.
Successful managers have all invested in their leadership skills. These skills are often what makes or breaks a new manager.
Content and Overview
I designed this course to be easily understood and applied by absolute beginners. The course has over 35 downloadable resources that you can use for future reference, including guides, checklists, textbooks, illustrations and assessments.
It is complete with easy-to-digest theories, models and practical examples. A total of 16 sections with over 120 lectures filled with proven tips and tricks. And there is a quiz at the end of each section to help you grasp the key concepts.
You will walk away from this course with a solid toolbox of skills and knowledge that you can use to succeed in your new management role.
You will be able to communicate more clearly, give and receive constructive feedback and manage conflicts. You will understand group dynamics and be able to adjust your leadership to the development stage of your team.
You will avoid energy drains by clarifying expectations, guidelines for behavior and working with values. You will be able to motivate yourself and others, build trusting and effective relationships while managing the challenges related to the management role.
You will be able to plan and execute the work of yourself and your team, both in the day to day operations and in the long-term.
Who this course is for:
- If you will be promoted to manager in the near future, just got promoted to your first management position or have been a manager for say 1-2 years, then this course is intended for you.
- This is a new manager training for developers, designers and others. It is not limited to a certain industry or occupation.
- No prior management or leadership knowledge is required.
- If you have been a manager for more than 2 years and have attended several other courses on management and leadership then this course is probably not for you. Or if you are looking for a course on how to create an engaging slideshow presentation or how to plan the budget of a project, then it is not for you either.
Markus Amanto is a well renowned author, speaker and trainer from Sweden. He has worked with improving leaders, teams and organizations in Asia, Europe and North America for over 25 years.
His books include "The Leadership School - Who's Really in the Driver's Seat" and "The Basics of Group Dynamics" (currently available in Swedish only).
He has held multiple positions as a manager. When he worked as a sales representative he built a sales team of over 400 people spanning the Nordic countries.
He started his own consulting business in 1998 and has worked as a certified trainer for UGL-trainings for several years. He is also a certified user of SDI® (Strength Deployment Inventory). He is also trained in emotional debriefing, psychosynthesis and has also participated in Anthony Robbins Mastery University.
Clients have included The University of Stockholm, Nasdaq, Kongsberg Automotive, Pitney Bowes, Tetra Pak, AstraZeneca, KPMG, ALMI and International Council of Swedish Industry (NIR).
Markus is fluent in Swedish, English, Finnish and Spanish. He is also able to communicate well in Danish and Norwegian.