New Home Construction - 1 of 8
What you'll learn
- Taking this first of eight courses Will give you a full understand of what it takes to prepare for the build. From raw land through building design.
- The only tools and knowledge required is an inquisitive mind and a desire to make one's dreams come true.
Design to take you through the planning phase prior to construction. We'll give you a basic understanding of the types of homes and building terminology. We'll cover fundamental CODE’s and design criteria required. This is the first of eight courses that will take you through the construction of your dream home and to know more about what you should expect from your builder or contractor.
Planning For The Build
TYPES OF HOMES & BUILDING TERMINOLOGY
Who this course is for:
- Any man or woman who is ever dream of building their own home should seriously consider taking this first of eight courses. We will take you from raw land two a completed house.
Bill has been in the construction and real estate industry for over 54 years and brings an in-depth knowledge of construction to the student.
He has served in various capacities in the industry:
Construction Project Manager
Builder / Developer - (Built over 3200 homes)
Real Estate Inspector
Real Estate Educator - (For the last 25 years he has developed and delivered various continuing education programs to appraisers, real estate firms, financial institutions and professional organizations in a five state area). He is now and instructor with Udemy. He has many courses on residential construction.
Subject matter includes:
After serving in the US Army, Bill enhanced his formal university education with specialized training from:
• Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc. (now ICC)
• Built Up Roofing Systems Institute
• Roofing Industry Educational Institute
• Georgia Pest Control Association, and
• Dale Carnegie
He is the co-founder of the Georgia Association of Home Inspectors and served three terms as president. He holds Five Building Code Certifications.