New Guitarist Guidebook & Checklist
- All you need to start this course is the interest or aspiration to start a guitar playing adventure and a pencil to fill out the checklists!
This comprehensive, step-by-step course will get you, the new or returning guitarist, off to the best possible start in your guitar playing journey. In it you will find a complete guidebook and checklists for:
- checking your motivation and setting goals
- selecting the right instrument
- choosing the best teacher and method
- selecting the gear & gadgets to get started
- setting up your practice space & schedule
- and much, much more!
You'll also learn about the benefits of learning to play an instrument and how to stay curious and motivated during your journey!
Finally, you'll get some insights into some of the most popular styles of guitar playing, providing inspiration and awareness of the possibilities!
This course is absolutely FREE; so, what are you waiting for? See you inside!
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted at aspiring guitarists just getting started or those returning to the instrument after a failed or false start.
- 09:40Why Do You Want To Learn To Play the Guitar?
- 02:28The Extra-Musical Benefits Of Learning To Play the Guitar
- 02:24The Guitarist's Journey
- 00:46Guitar Break - "I Hope You Have the Time Of Your Life!"
I am a vintage blues guitarist and teacher from Floyd, VA.
I have been a professional musician all of my adult life and currently teach 45 students each week and perform as a solo and with various duos and bands in and around my hometown of Floyd, VA.
I believe that music is a language and, like everyone's first spoken language, it is best learned in a natural, instinctual and intuitive way and is used to communicate emotions, tell stories and exchange ideas. Music, at its best, is a collaborative effort, not a competition and it is best cultivated in that spirit.
I teach in the lesson studio and from the bandstand. Learning to play music and sharing it makes us all happier and healthier. It also builds community and encourages curiosity and tolerance, helping make the world a better place.