Preparing Yourself For Post Pandemic Cyberspace
What you'll learn
- In this course, the students will get to learn about the following:
- a) Emerging New Cyber World Order;
- b) Salient features of New World Order that is emerging in Cyberspace;
- c) Impact and significance of the emerging New Cyber World Order;
- d) Overall significance of the New Cyber World Order for all digital stakeholders.
- Since COVID-19 is bringing across irreversible changes in all aspects of one’s life, cyberspace has also not been left unaffected. This course will enable students to have holistic and broad objectives and perspectives of the new changes that are happening in the cyberspace and how the said changes are likely to impact them as digital users. The course will further enable students to be better prepared for how these evolving fast changes are taking place in cyberspace which has various cyber legal ramifications connected therewith.
- There are no course requirements or prerequisites. Any digital user as also any person who is either using cyberspace or is interested to know more about evolving global trends on cyberspace contributing to the New Cyber World Order, could enroll for the present course.
In this course, the students will be able to have a broad overview of some of the key remarkable irreversible challenges that are happening in cyberspace thanks to the advent and outspread of COVID-19. By doing the present course, you will be benefited in the following manner:
a) You will get an overview of the deep yet swiped challenges impacting cyberspace during COVID-19 times;
b) You will further get to appreciate new challenges in cyberspace which are ushering in New Cyber World Order;
c) How the New Cyber World Order will impact you and your life;
d) What elements you need to keep in mind in order to be prepared for the new cyber age that awaits for us after the fight against COVID-19 comes to close;
e) You would be able to have far more clarity on interpreting broad manner of emerging trends in cyberspace and how the same are likely to impact digital liberty;
f) You would also learn more about the effect of the New Cyber World Order on growing cybersecurity breaches and cybercrime.
Who this course is for:
- The target audience will consist of any person or user who is interested in the internet, cyberspace, the World Wide Web, and the various intrinsic emerging developments that are happening impacting cyberspace during COVID-19 times. The target audience would also consist of users and students who would want to know more about how cyberspace in its new manifestation is likely to evolve after a war against COVID-19 comes to close. The target audience could consist of lay internet users, law students, legal professionals, lawyers, advocates, IT professionals, digital entrepreneurs, and digital economy users and also any other person who is interested in understanding about the newly emerging New Cyber World Order and its related impact upon various facets of cyberspace and activities of users in the online ecosystem.
About The University
Cyberlaw University, as the name suggests, would be a unique university dedicated exclusively to Cyberlaw and related disciplines.As Cyberlaw is the law pertaining to cyberspace and the Internet, it is only in the fitness of things that Cyberlaw University operates in cyberspace as an online University.
Cyberlaw University is in touch with various universities and we are in the process of forging professional relationships with different academic institutions and universities. In the times to come, the goal of Cyberlaw University is to become one common central point for not just the growth of Cyberlaw jurisprudence across the world but also for disseminating knowledge about the constantly changing cyber legal trends impacting the use of computers, computer systems, computer networks, communication devices as also data and information in the electronic form.
A BRIEF PROFILE OF DR. PAVAN DUGGAL, Pioneer in Cyber Security Law, One of the top 4 Cyberlawyers Globally and Visionary Instructor at Cyberlaw University
A BRIEF PROFILE OF DR. PAVAN DUGGAL
While a practicing Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Dr. Pavan Duggal has made an immense impact with an international reputation as an Expert and Authority on Cyber Law, Cyber Security Law, Artificial Intelligence Law & E-commerce law.
Dr. Duggal has been acknowledged as one of the top 4 Cyber Lawyers around the world.
WDD [World Domain Day] recognizes him as one of the top 10 Cyber Lawyers around the world.
Dr. Pavan Duggal, is the Founder & Chairman of International Commission on Cyber Security Law. He is also the President of Cyberlaws.Net and has been working in the pioneering area of Cyber Law, Cyber Security Law & Mobile Law.
Pavan is also heading the Artificial Intelligence Law Hub and Blockchain Law Epicentre. He is the Founder-cum-Honorary Chancellor of Cyberlaw University.
His empanelment as a consultant to UNCTAD and UNESCAP on Cyber Law and Cyber Crime respectively, membership of the AFACT Legal Working Group of the UN / CEFAT, consulting as an expert with the Council Of Europe on Cyber Crime, inclusion in the Board of Experts of European Commission’s Dr. E-commerce and his work as an expert authority on a Cyber Law primer for E-ASEAN Task Force and as a reviewer for Asian Development Bank speaks volumes of his worldwide acceptance as an authority. Pavan is the President of Cyberlaw Asia, Asia’s pioneering organization committed to the passing of dynamic cyber laws in the Asian continent. Dr Duggal is also a member of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center Panel of Neutrals.
Dr. Pavan Duggal, in association with International Telecommunications Union, conducted two Training cum Sensitization Programmes for the elected Judges and Officers of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague, Netherlands on 23rd May, 2019.
As an internationally renowned Cyber law and Cyber security subject expert, at the world stage during the High-Level Policy Statement delivered by him at the World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) organized by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), UNESCO, UNCTAD & UNDP in Geneva, Switzerland from 25th May – 29th May, 2015. Pavan Duggal has recommended the need for coming up with an International Convention on Cyberlaw &Cyber Security.
As a thought leader, Dr. Duggal has suggested that India requires a new legislation that is wholly dedicated to cyber security.
Pavan, as an international expert and authority, conducts 44 different online courses at Cyberlaw University, which have been subscribed by more than 25,500 students from 171 countries, speaking 52 national languages with excellent ratings.
Pavan is a member of the Board of Globethics, global network of persons and institutions interested in various fields of applied ethics.
Dr Duggal has been the Member of the Public Interest Registry’s.Org Advisory Council. He is a member of ICT policy and governance working group of the UNICT taskforce. He is the legal and policy Consultant to Internet Mark 2 Project, which is examining the next level of internet. He has been invited to be an Associated Fellow of the Centre for Asia Pacific Technology Law and Policy (CAPTEL) at Singapore. He is a Member of Panel of Arbitrators of the Regional Centre for Arbitration, Kuala Lumpur and Asian Domain Names Dispute Resolution Centre at Hong Kong.Heis a Panel Member Of Permanent Monitoring Panel For Information Security-World Federation Of Scientists.
He has been associated with the Ministry Of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India on Cyber Law and Electronic Governance legal issues andis a member of Advisory Committee on e-governance in Karnataka constituted by the Government of Karnataka. As also a member of Information Forensic Working Group on E-Information Systems, Security and Audit Association.
Dr. Duggal is a member of Multi – Stakeholder Steering Group of the Asia Pacific Region Internet Governance Forum (APRIGF)
He heads his niche law firm Pavan Duggal Associates, which has practice areas, amongst others, in Cyber Law, Business Process Outsourcing Law, Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law, Information Security Law, Defence, Biotech and Corporate Law.
While he has been a member of the Nominating Committee, Membership Advisory Committee and Membership Implementation Task Force of ICANN, Pavan is the founder of the Cyber Law Association and is also the Founder-President, Cyberlaw India.
Some outstanding pioneering work in the field of BPO legal issues has resulted in his being a member of the BPO Steering Committee of ASSOCHAM. Today, he advises a number of BPO concerns on different legal issues relating to outsourcing. Pavan is the Co-Chairman of the Cyber Security Committee of ASSOCHAM, was the Chairman of the Cyber Law Committee of ASSOCHAM and works closely with CII and FICCI.
Dr. Duggal is a regular on the lecture circuit. He has spoken at over 2000 Conferences, Seminars and Workshops in the last two decades, and has lectured extensively in select Law Colleges. As a Writer, he has made his mark with 148 Books on various aspects of the law in the last 20 years. He had contributed a continuing weekly column on diverse aspects of the law, titled ‘Brief Cases’ to the Economic Times, for almost a decade.