TOTAL: CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1002).
What you'll learn
- How to pass the CompTIA A+ Certification Core 2 (220-1002) exam
- The skills to be a great IT and computer tech
- All about operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- How to secure your computer, mobile device, and network
- Security concepts like malware, antivirus, anti-malware, and networking security protocols
- How to troubleshoot software and mobile issues
- How to use command-line tools in Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Industry standards and best practices for documentation, change management, disaster prevention and recovery, procedures and policies
- There are no specific prerequisites as the course covers all the topics in detail.
- A basic familiarity with computers and networks is helpful.
- CompTIA recommends having 9-12 months of on-the-job experience before taking the A+ exam. This is recommended but not required.
Hey, Mike Meyers here. The Team at Total Seminars and I are excited to bring you this updated video series to help you pass the CompTIA A+ Certification Core 2 (220-1002) certification exam.
Between my bestselling A+, Network+, and Security+ books and my video courses, I've taught over 2 million people how to take and pass these CompTIA IT industry certification exams. I've got an easy-going, approachable, and funny teaching style that has helped newbies and experienced techs alike learn valuable IT skills. I've taught in-person seminars for the DEA and the FBI, and now I'm going to teach you,
Total Seminars is the #1 name in CompTIA Certification training for over 25 years. We've taught more students than there are CompTIA certified techs (not everyone takes the exams). We can prepare you to take and pass the exam and make you a better IT tech in the process.
This is the second of a two-course series and is designed to prepare you to take and pass the CompTIA A+ 2019 Core 2 (220-1002) exam. It's an internationally-recognized, fundamental IT training certification. Not interested in certification? No problem! Even if you just want to learn about the basics of IT and computers, I've got you covered.
* Course 1: TOTAL: CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1001).
* Course 2: TOTAL: CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1002). (this course)
To become fully A+ certified you will need to pass both the 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING:
★★★★★ OVER 7,000 5-STAR REVIEWS! ★★★★★
★★★★★ "I used these courses to pass the A+, Security+, and Network+ in a span of 2.5 months. I had no IT experience 4 months ago. Now I am a network engineer at a managed service provider with a great salary and solid upward mobility." - Ryan D.
★★★★★ “Absolutely loved this course! Thank you Mike Myers for having an effective and fun teaching style! I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in getting A+ certified!” - Rebecca M.
★★★★★ “I have not taken the exam yet but the course felt very informative and well laid out. Mike…structures his teaching around like concepts. It helps ensure that you learn about the topic conceptually and technically. I have already begun to use many of lessons in my current professional role and have seen improvement in my ability to troubleshoot and diagnose computer related issues. Thanks Mike!” - Joe M.
★★★★★ “This course has helped me though all the old CompTIA content and has continued to help[ me progress though the new CompTIA 1001 -1002. Thanks MIKE!!! Your videos are awesome especially for this visual learner!” – Antwon S.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Technology is ranked as the #1 source of U.S. jobs. Are you looking to kickstart your career, improve your existing IT skills, or increase your chances of getting that IT job? Did you know 96% of HR managers use IT certifications as screening or hiring criteria during recruitment?*
Some jobs that use A+ certifications are Support Specialists (avg. $54,500/yr.), Field Service Technicians (avg. $46,000/yr.), and Desktop Support Analysts (avg. $60,000/yr.)**.
More Certifications = More $$
* A+ Certification with no other certifications = $47,500 / year
* A+ Certification with 1 or 2 other active certs. = $84,250 / year
* A+ Certification with 3 or 4 other active certs. = $92,080 / year
* A+ Certification with 5 or 6 other active certs. = $97,310 / year
* A+ Certification with 7 or 8 other active certs. = $105,150 / year
Not looking for a cert? Maybe you're just interested in how to keep your home network router from constantly doing that annoying red-blinky-light thing. Or be the family hero and set up that awesome smart thermostat you've had in your Amazon cart for a year! Or perhaps you want to learn to how to get your iPhone to work so you don't have to keep asking your friend's brother's aunt's niece for help. Whatever your motivation, this course is perfect to help give you a robust IT foundational knowledge in a way that's easy-to-understand. And, hopefully, you'll have a few laughs with me along the way.
SOOOOO much! This course is a great deal, check it out:
* 15 hours of video
* PDFs that detail all the exam objectives covered in each episode (valuable studying tool)
* PDFs of the CompTIA A+ 2019 Core 2 exam objectives
* End-of-chapter quizzes to test your knowledge
* Q&A section where you have access to me and my team of teaching assistants to answer any questions you might have
* Bonus videos launched from time-to-time with updated information, exam tips, study tools, and more
* 30-day money-back guarantee
* Lifetime access
* Certificate of completion
Exam Domain 1.0 Operating Systems - 27%
* Operating system types and purposes (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, etc.)
* Windows versions
* OS installation
* Command-line tools
Exam Domain 2.0 Security - 24%
* Physical security (locks, badge readers, guards, etc.)
* Logical security concepts (Active Directory, antivirus/anti-malware, firewalls, certificates, etc.)
* Wireless security protocols (WPA, WPA2, RADIUS, etc.)
* Detect and prevent malware
* Social engineering threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities (hackers, phishing, DDoS, brute force, man-in-the-middle, etc.)
* Secure workstations and mobile devices
Exam Domain 3.0 Software Troubleshooting - 26%
* Troubleshoot Microsoft OS, PC security, mobile OS, and application issues
* Malware removal
Exam Domain 4.0 Operational Procedures - 23%
* Best practices for documentation, change management, disaster prevention and recovery, safety procedures, and more
* Different types of licenses and policies
* Professional conduct
* Remote access technologies
Exam code: 220-1002
Max. 90 questions (multiple choice, drag-and-drop, and performance-based)
Length of exam: 90 minutes
Passing score: 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
Exam cost: $232 (get discount vouchers and save go to Total Seminars web site)
Languages: English at launch. German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish in 2019.
Recommended experience: 9-12 months' hands-on experience in a lab or in the field
HOW DO I TAKE THE COMPTIA A+ 2019 EXAM?
Buy an exam voucher (get your discount voucher at Total Seminars' website), schedule your exam on the Pearson VUE website, then take the exam at a qualifying Pearson VUE testing center. You can take one exam at a time, or schedule to take both exams at the same time.
To become fully A+ certified you will need to pass both the 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to take and pass the CompTIA A+ Certification Core 2 (220-1002) certification exam
- Anyone who wants to improve their skills as a computer or IT technician
- Anyone who wants to learn awesome stuff about Windows, MacOS, Linux, mobile, IT security, scripting and more
Total Seminars provides certification training services and training materials to thousands of schools, corporations, and government agencies including the United Nations, the FBI and all branches of the Department of Defense. Total Seminars produces the #1 selling CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification books with over 1 million books in print.
Total Seminars has created a number of “Best-Selling” Udemy video courses by Mike Meyers and the Total Seminars team of Instructors. They also develop supplemental materials such as the TotalTester certification practice tests and TotalSims lab simulations to support your certification preparation. These are available on the Total Seminars web site.
Mike Meyers, affectionately called the "Alpha Geek", is the Industry's leading authority on CompTIA Certifications. He is the President and co-founder of Total Seminars, LLC, a provider of PC and network repair seminars, books, videos and courseware for thousands of organizations throughout the world. Mike has been involved in the computer and network repair industry since 1987 as a technician, instructor, author, consultant, and speaker.
Author of numerous popular PC books and videos, including the best-selling CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide and CompTIA Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide. Mike is also the series editor for the highly successful Mike Meyers' Certification Passport series and the Mike Meyers' Guide to series, all published by McGraw-Hill. Mike has sold over a million IT and certification books.
As well as writing Mike has personally taught thousands of students, including U.S. senators, U.S. Supreme Court Justices, members of the United Nation, every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces, many branches of the Department of Justice, hundreds of corporate clients and academic students at every level.
Mike's humorous and easy to follow approach to teaching comes through in his video training courses as well as his classroom instructor led courses. Making IT concepts easy to understand and fun to learn helps students stay engaged and retain the information.
Mike brings his unique style of video training to Udemy with the launch of his CompTIA A+ Certification, Network+ Certification and Security+ Certification courses. Check out the first few lessons which are available free and you will quickly see what is different about Mike's approach to learning.