AWS VPC and Networking in depth: Learn practically in 8 hrs
What you'll learn
- Networking in AWS - Basic to Advanced Networking concepts by doing hands on exercises
- Whiteboard sessions to see how various networking components work together
- Understand how to secure your infrastructure by using appropriate Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) components and firewalls
- AWS Public and Private Network connectivity options and their implementation
- In depth understanding of VPC, CIDR, Subnets, Route Tables, Security Groups, NACL, NAT Gateway, NAT Instance, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoint, VPC PrivateLink, VPN connection, Direct Connect, Route53 Failover, Transit VPC and Transit Gateway
- Good to have basic AWS cloud knowledge e.g Launching EC2 instance
- Must have AWS Account in which exercises can be tried out
This course aims to build the complete understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Networking from ground up where students will understand the networking core concepts by doing exercises on their own.
This course contains 2 sections. First section is about Understanding AWS Networking where I have explained starting from very basics the AWS VPC, VPC components and Private connectivity options in AWS . If you are already aware of AWS networking components, then you may want to skip this section and jump directly to hands on exercises section.
1. Understanding AWS Networking in depth
Physical on premises networking vs AWS VPC
Getting familiar with AWS VPC terminologies - VPC, Subnets, Route tables, Internet Gateway, Security Group, Network ACL
Understanding VPC CIDR
Understanding Subnets and Route Tables
Public Subnet vs Private Subnet
Understanding NAT (Network Address Translation) Concept
NAT Gateway and NAT instance
AWS Private Connectivity options
Understanding VPC Peering
VPC Endpoint and Privatelink for private connectivity to AWS Services
VPN connection / Direct Connect
AWS Client VPN
2. AWS Networking Hands on exercises (Basics to Advance)
Create VPC with single public subnet, launch EC2 instance and connect over internet
Create VPC with Pubic and Private subnet, connect to EC2 instance in Private subnet via EC2 instance in Public subnet
Create NAT Gateway and allow EC2 instances in Private subnet to access internet through NAT Gateway
Create and use NAT EC2 instance instead of NAT Gateway
Create VPC Peering between VPCs across AWS regions and connect to EC2 instance over private IP by using VPC peering connection
Create VPC endpoint gateway for S3 and access S3 contents from EC2 instance in Private subnet without requiring internet connection
Create and use VPC Private Link to expose your Web service privately to application hosted in another VPC
Implement AWS region level failover using AWS Route53
Hosting website on S3 using custom domain name from GoDaddy
Hosting HTTPS enabled website using S3 and CloudFront
Advanced Networking: Setup Site-To-Site VPN between AWS VPC and simulated on-premise network
Advanced Networking: Setup AWS and Google Site to Site VPN using Dynamic BGP Routing
Transit Gateway - Setup communication between multiple VPCs and On-premise network
AWS Client VPN and various scenarios like accessing Internet, Split Tunnel, accessing Peered VPCs via Client VPN connection
Application Load Balancer - distribute traffic to backend EC2 instances
Enable Sticky session on ALB
Enable HTTPS on Application Load Balancer
ALB Path based Routing
Note: This course does not cover all minute details/limits/what if kind of contents which are required to be remembered for AWS networking certification exam however this course instead focuses on understanding the core concepts well by doing hands on exercise.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner AWS aspirants, Who are looking for hands on experience on AWS Networking services and components (VPC and more)
- Student's who are looking to understand AWS Networking in depth starting with VPC
- Student's who want to understand AWS VPC, Subnets, Routing, VPC peering, Transit Gateway, VPN etc
I am having 14+ years of IT industry experience and I am working in cloud computing domain from over 4+ years. I am experienced in architecting highly available, scalable, secure cloud infrastructure and single click cloud infrastructure automation using tools like CloudFormation, Terraform and more. I have designed and built multiple cloud solutions for enterprise and startup companies. I have also been helping customers evaluate their DevOps maturity and build CI/CD pipelines across domains. I am proficient in multiple DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible etc
Along with learning new technologies, I am passionate about sharing my experience with others. I believe that challenge isn’t in learning new technology but using the right technology in right way. I have been conducting practical oriented AWS Cloud Training from past 2 years and my AWS training program has helped many professionals to start and uplift their career in AWS and DevOps space.
I believe in learning by doing and that's why all the training courses I conduct includes lots of hands on exercises and assignments from very beginning. In my opinion, after you get basic knowledge of the topic you want to learn, directly go and implement small use cases. Go on further extending what you implement. In this process you will come across some roadblocks and that's where you learn and that learning lasts forever.
Happy learning !!
Note: My all courses are designed and created by me in my own capacity and does not have any relation to my past or current employment and employer(s).