Networking for Career Success in 2022
What you'll learn
- What networking is and why it's crucial to your professional and personal success
- How to pick events (including Zoom) worth your time and effort even if you don't have to commute, park, and wear shoes
- Tips to follow up, stay in touch in a professional manner without being a stalker
- Strategies for introverts to gain confidence
- An open mind to what networking is (vs the weird people you've seen do it)
Professionals consistently list 'networking' as one of the most powerful strategies for career advancement. But you have to make it happen. Wishful thinking only goes so far ... and not very far at that.
This course provides you with 24 tips, tools, and lessons for building mutually beneficial relationships, then cultivating them as opportunities arise. Outlining a step-by-step program for working with your current contacts and then adding new ones by meeting people the right ways, this career advancement program outlines a specific plan to:
Learn to network
Surpass your fears
Control your body language
Socialize with savvy
Overcome your limits
Follow up right
Effective networking is about getting what you need or want while helping others get what they want or need. This course provides you with the right skills for making mutually beneficial connections, knowing how to cultivate those connections for the benefit of everyone involved, and creating a classic and valuable win-win situation.
The course included short videos (most are less than 5 minutes). You can quickly implement what you just learned.
Don't like networking? NO problem! Most people don't. Then again most people don't like flossing however they realize that it's better than dental bills.
Seriously though ... everyone needs a network - a collection of people you trust to help you succeed. Building that takes time, effort, and most importantly, an authentic interest in other people.
If you have that, you will most definitely succeed!
Who this course is for:
- Professionals looking to advance in their career
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a business, get sales, look for investors, build a team
- Busy people who know they can get more done by leverage relationships with others
- Sales professionals who want more leads so they can close business faster and more profitably
- New employees looking to make a positive first impression, connect with internal team members, and make an impact
- Fundraising professionals looking to get donations to make an impact on their community and charity
Looking for easy-to-follow information that is delivered with a sense of humor and common sense? You've come to the right place.
I'm a keynote speaker at conferences, sales meeting, and fundraisers. I also offer training classes and executive coaching.
McGraw-Hill has published my books in 7 languages. Very bizarre to write a book, but I can't read it. :-)
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and am delighted to be an expert on Udemy.
The classes will vary from learning from my professional life as well as my personal life.
Clients I've worked with include:
- 20th Century Fox
- American Bar Association
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- American Cancer Society
- Canadian government
- London School of Economics
- Department of Defense
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- American Society of Training & Development
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- University of Texas Law School
- Association of Fundraising Professionals