Networking Concepts for Beginners
- Basic knowledge of computers
This course is designed for anyone who wants an understanding of networking technologies. Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes when you upload a post on social media, send an email or have a skype call? This course is designed to give an overview of the networking concepts that make the internet run.
Learn the building blocks of modern network design.
This course will go over the following Networking Concepts:
- LANs - (LAN Protocols, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gig Ethernet, WIFI, FDDI, ATM LANE)
- Network Topologies - Types of Networks Topologies, Bus Topology, Star Topology, Ring Topology, Mesh Topology, Tree Topology, Hybrid Topology
- WANs - WAN Protocols, X.25, Frame Relay, ISDN, DSL, Networks Devices, Hubs, Switches, Routers, and Network Interface Cards.
- Concepts of IP - Packets and Addresses, IP service Port, (IP) Internet Protocol, IPv4 - Address Classes, Class “A” Address, Class “B” Address, Class “C” Address, Class “D” Address, Class “E” Address, TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), Three most common TCP/IP protocols, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP (File Transfer Protocol), UDP (User Datagram Protocol), ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol), and DNS (Domain Name System).
- TCP Dump, IP Behavior - TCP DUMP, Recognizing and Understanding, Recognizing and Understanding, The difference between IPv4 and IPv6, IPv4 Addresses Classes and Reserved Ranges, UDP Behavior, UDP and TCP, ICMP Behavior, and ICMP Doesn’t Have Ports.
- Routers, Routing Protocols - Router, Broadband Router, Wireless Router, Core Router, Routing, Static Routing, Dynamic Routing, Routing Protocol, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Access Control Protocols.
- Physical Security - Objectives of Physical Security, Physical Security Threats, Physical Security Controls, Physical Security Measures: Locks, Biometrics, Fire Prevention, and HVAC Considerations.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want an understanding of networking concepts
- Students who are looking into pursuing a networking certification (CCNA, CCIE, MTA)
Join the Cyber Security Industry in 2018!
Interested in starting a career in the Cyber Security Industry? 2018 is the time!
Learning the fundamentals of Cyber Security provides you with a powerful, and very useful, set of skills. Learn to think like a hacker so you can better defend your networks and data by studying Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking.
Jobs in Cyber Security are plentiful. Receiving your Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator, Penetration Tester and Security+ certification will give you a strong background to more easily tackle and pick up more advanced exams, such as the CISSP certification.
Get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position paying upwards of six figures! There are currently over one million Cyber Security job openings globally. Demand is greatly outpacing supply which means more opportunity, job security and higher pay for you!
But, don't take our word for it... take a look at the FREE previews (they are available in all our courses) and see for yourself!
CyberTraining 365 is an online academy that offers most in-demand cybersecurity training and certification through different subscription models. Members have access to the ever growing library of quality, engaging videos that are taught by some of industry’s best and most recognized experts.
CyberTraining365 is powered by Social27's patented cloud-based eLearning platform, providing members with an engaging and collaborative learning environment. Through best in class content, social learning tools, and gamification, CyberTraining365 is taking eLearning from Isolation to Collaboration.