Netapp ONTAP Command-line Administration
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Work with NetApp's ONTAP clusters using the command-line interface.
- Perform day-do-day administration tasks and tackle more advanced challenges.
- How ONTAP functions.
- Create aggregates, manage aggregates. Create volumes, manage volumes.
- Configure Storage Efficiency techniques like deduplication, compression and compaction.
- Setup cluster peering, SVM peering and snapmirror relationships.
- Understand the concepts of a Metro-Cluster.
- All in all, it is going to be helpful in preparing for the NCDA exam.
- Students should have basic computer knowledge, basic network knowledge and basic storage knowledge.
In this training you will learn how to configure and manage Netapp ONTAP clusters, and work from the command-line only. Many day to day administrative tasks will be dealt with, theoretically and practically. There will be no fiddling around. Every module has the same layout: topic discussion, practical example(s), review. There will be reference to the exam-topics as well, to help you study for the NCDA-exam.
- What is a cluster
- What is physical storage and what is logical storage
- What is an SVM
- Which protocols are supported
- Which configurations are available
2. lab setup
- Setting up a two node cluster in ESXi
( in module 13 there is a vmware workstation/fusion setup)
- cluster shell
- node shell
- system shell
- add licenses
- clean up licencses
5. physical storage
- aggregates and raidgroups
6. Logical storage
- flexible volumes
- ports and logical interfaces
- interface groups
- ipspaces and broadcast domains
8. Network Attached Storage
- NAS protocols NFS/CIFS
9. Storage Area Network
- SAN protocols iscsi and fcp
10. Storage Efficiency
- DP (dataprotection)
- XDP (snapvault)
12. Concepts and Architecture
- Replicated databases
13. Miscellaneous topics
- Quality of service
- User administration
- Lab setup workstation/fusion
- Metro Cluster (overview)
- This training is aimed at ONTAP administrators and future ONTAP administrators.