Netapp ONTAP 9 Troubleshooting
What you'll learn
- Think about how ONTAP works and how you can fix things when ONTAP gets confused, or you.
- You should have some ONTAP hands-on experience, or you should have attended an Administration training. When taking this training you will benefit more if you have a Netapp Ontap simulator running. In other words, it is time for a deeper dive.
Important Notice: what is dealt with in this training is virtually Release Independent. So, running any ONTAP 9.x version fits for what we discuss in this course.
In this training you will learn how to troubleshoot common problems in the Netapp ONTAP cluster environment.
You will get familiar with causes of problems and learn how to solve the problems and fix your cluster. This training is aimed at students who either have some-hands on experience or have followed the ONTAP cli administration training which can also be found here on Udemy. This training is somewhat advanced, but if you are eager to learn, you will probably like this.
Table of Contents:
- Architecture and Concepts. (22:01)
- Booting and Coredumps. (10:50)
- Coredumps. (5:07)
- Replicated Databases. (16:04)
- Epsilon. (10:56)
- Halting a node and Eligibility. (6:31)
- Troubleshooting Volumes. (5:55)
- Losing the rootvolume of an SVM. (12:25)
- Losing vol0. (8:22)
- Losing vol0 (continued). (17:07)
- Networking. (8:02)
- Failover Groups. (6:25)
- Connectivity. (4:40)
- Logfiles. (10:54)
Who this course is for:
- ONTAP administrators and future ONTAP administrators
I have been a Netapp trainer/consultant for more than fifteen years. I train customers, partners and Netapp engineers on a regular basis. I am based in the Netherlands.
Since I am also a Linux and UNIX fan, I like to work on the command-line. There is nothing wrong with GUI's or BUI's, but to my mind, the CLI gives you more direct control. So I always urge my students to not only work in a graphical interface.
I am certified in Netapp, UNIX, Linux.