Build Your Own NetApp Storage Lab, For Free!
- A basic knowledge of computer networks.
- No previous NetApp experience is necessary.
This course walks you through how to build a fully ready and complete NetApp simulator lab from scratch, using NetApp’s latest operating system ONTAP 9.
The lab features two NetApp simulator clusters with Windows and Linux clients in separate IP subnets to make it as close to a real world environment as possible... and best of all you can build and run the lab completely for free, all you need is a PC to run it on.
We cover step by step where to find all the software for free, how to build the NetApp simulators, the Windows and Linux clients, the VMware setup and how to configure the networking.
Almost all NetApp features can be practised and tested using the lab. You can use it as a study tool or for testing features before deploying them in your production environment.
The lab build outlined in the book is the same one I use for the hands-on demonstrations in my NetApp training videos. You can use the instructions in this course to build your own lab and follow along with me.
I hope you can make use of this course to expand your storage knowledge and further your career.
- IT professionals or enthusiasts who want hands-on practice with NetApp storage systems.
- Introduction and Lab Topology05:35
- The Udemy Interface02:51
- VMware and Network Configuration11:41
- VyOS Router Install and Configuration18:29
- NetApp Simulator - Cluster 1 Node 127:08
- NetApp Simulator - Cluster 1 Node 220:02
- NetApp Simulator - Cluster 2 Node 113:20
- NetApp ONTAP Simulator Upgrade24:33
- Windows Host and Domain Controller Install and Configuration26:51
- Linux Host Install and Configuration14:05
- VMware ESXi1 and VCSA Installation and Configuration47:29
- VMware ESXi2 Installation and Configuration21:54
- CentOS 'API' Host Installation and Configuration12:23
- SuperPutty Install and Configuration10:21
- Bonus - More Resources!00:24
Hi, I'm Neil Anderson, and my mission is to build the best Cloud and Data Center systems engineers possible.
I dropped out of school with no qualifications or future plans at the age of 15. When I got a little bit older and wiser I realised I should make a career for myself so I pulled myself up by learning about IT technologies through books and online resources. It’s my passion now to help you do the same.
You know how some instructors seem to get a kick out of making things complicated to make themselves look smarter than you? I love to make things as easy to understand as possible and seeing you get that lightbulb moment.
I'm proud of my 'Top Responder' tag on Udemy and unless I'm on an international flight I'll personally answer your questions within 24 hours. I genuinely care about giving you the best experience possible, both in the quality of my training and in ongoing support.
Nothing makes me feel better than hearing back from students who I've helped move on to the next level in their career. It gives me huge satisfaction to know I've played a part in you achieving your goals.
For the last 9 years my main focus has been delivery of technical training and development of course content for large enterprise and service provider customers such as NetApp, Cisco, Verizon and IBM. I train the engineers who design and implement the largest Cloud and Data Center deployments throughout the Asia Pacific region and the rest of the world.
I also provide consultancy to clients and mentoring for the systems engineers in the company I work for.
Prior to focusing on training I worked in the field for over 10 years in a variety of systems and network engineering and IT management roles.
If you have any questions about Cloud, NetApp, Cisco or VMware technologies, ping me a message and I'd love to help you out.
Cisco CCIE #17108
PRINCE2 Project Management