Neo4j: GraphDB Foundations with Cypher
What you'll learn
- Explain graph database concepts
- Set up Neo4j on a Windows or Mac machine
- Retrieve real-time insights from application data
- Create, update, and delete graph data via the Neo4j Browser
- Join the Neo4j community
- Must be proficient at using a computer, installing new applications
- Have a general understanding of what a database is and how it can be used
- Ideally have some previous experience using other types of databases
Learn how some of the worlds top tech companies structure and query their data - using graph databases.
Through a series of tutorials, this course takes you through the fundamentals of using Neo4j - the world's leading Graph Database, and its query language Cypher. You'll learn graph database concepts, and gain practical skills in using Neo4j.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to confidently run numerous queries, and understand what a graph database is.
Here's an outline of what you'll learn in the course:
- What is a Graph Database
- Neo4j installation process
- Query for Nodes and Relationships
- Create, Update, Delete data
- How Null works in Neo4j
- How to work with Paths in Neo4j
In addition to learning the basics of Neo4j, you'll find a number of video exercises that help you practice everything you learn along the way.
If you've ever wondered What's the best graph database? or How do Graph Databases compare to SQL databases? then you really can't go wrong with Neo4j. Voker Pacher, a senior developer at Ebay has been quoted as saying:
"We found Neo4j to be literally thousands of times faster than our prior MySQL solution, with queries that require 10 to 100 times less code. Today Neo4j provides Ebay with functionality that was previously impossible"
Neo4j as ranked by site db-engines, is also the most popular of all graph databases on the market today.
So if you're looking at progressing your career, keeping up with the latest in database technology, and gaining a new skill in a simple, easy to understand, yet powerful way then you should take this course.
Who this course is for:
- Software developers that are sick of complex join queries, and are looking to simplify their architecture
- Innovators that want to create the next social network, real-time recommendation engine, or other product that involves retrieving information from highly connected data points
- Business analysts / marketers that wish to gain insights from in-house data
BSc Computer Science, Master of Engineering Management.
Globe trotter, full-stack web developer, continuous innovator. Previous experience includes being a university computer science tutor, ThoughtWorks consultant, Ruby on Rails contractor, growth hacker, startup founder.
Winner of Beta Pitch Vienna, TechPeaks startup accelerator participant, winner of Entre 75k entrepreneurship competition, winner of Microsoft Imagine Cup NZ.