Negotiation Skills: Become A Master Of Negotiation
What you'll learn
- Master the fundamental tenets of negotiation and the influential role of variables
- Understand the mechanics of collaborative negotiation and its practical application in various situations
- Grasp the critical phases of negotiation: meticulous preparation, strategic proposal, effective bargaining, and successful agreement
- Adapt your negotiation strategies based on unique individual personalities and communication styles
- Comprehend the concept of structured negotiation and strategize your negotiation plan effectively
- Bypass common negotiation pitfalls and tactful gambits
- Cultivate empathy towards your negotiation partner's perspective for a more effective dialogue
- A desire to learn
Negotiation is everywhere - in our private and professional jobs, we sometimes negotiate without even knowing it. As sociable beings, negotiation is part and parcel of the way humans interact, so it’s well worth mastering.
Using tried and tested techniques, this course will give both clarity and efficiency to the way you go about negotiating. Not only will you learn how to structure a negotiation correctly, but you will also be taught about the concept of collaborative negotiation, which hinges on understanding the other person’s feelings and viewpoints.
The first steps of the course will focus on perfecting your negotiation strategy. This will involve an appreciation of the ‘power of variables’. Within this section, you will be taught exciting new concepts such as ‘the WIN matrix’ and ‘the 4 Ps’, all common principles of negotiation that will have you haggling and bargaining like the very best!
The middle of the course will be focused on the concept of discussion. There are a lot of different exercises within this section to fully solidify your understanding of how to manoeuvre a negotiation in the direction you want it to go. By putting this together, you will then know how to create a discussion agreement statement – an excellent tool that gets you exactly what you want during the negotiation process.
As well as focusing on other negotiation phases and tricks, examples including proposing and agreeing, the course will focus on the psychology of dialogue, and how you need to overcome yourself before persuading someone else to agree to your conditions.
This transitions beautifully into the ‘personality’ section of the course, where you will learn concepts such as ‘colours’, ‘aspects’ and ‘drives’ to always win at collaborative negotiation, regardless of the type of person you are talking to.
By concluding with a list of common pitfalls that negotiators trip themselves up on, this course is truly a robust source of negotiation knowledge that will help you master the art of persuasion with ease and clarity. To learn the principles of negotiation in-depth and proven strategies for applying them in your personal and professional life, enrol today.
"Experiencing Gavin's talent is truly special... If you're new to it, prepare to be astounded." - Marc Nohr, CEO of Fold7
"An honest, practical, and enjoyable guide to the art of negotiation. A real treat!" - Mike Morton, Leadership Trainer
Who this course is for:
- Sales Professionals: Those in sales often find themselves in negotiation situations and could benefit from refining their skills.
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners: Negotiation is key when dealing with suppliers, clients, or potential investors.
- Project Managers: These individuals often need to negotiate resources, timelines, and expectations with various stakeholders.
- Job Seekers: Negotiation skills can be crucial when discussing salary, benefits, and other job terms during the interview process.
- Freelancers: These professionals often need to negotiate contracts, project scopes, and rates with clients.
- Customer Service Representatives: They often negotiate with customers regarding complaints, refunds, or any service agreements.
- Real Estate Agents: Negotiation is a key part of their job, whether they're helping clients buy or sell properties.
- Legal Professionals: Lawyers and other legal professionals often negotiate settlements, plea bargains, or contractual terms.
- Purchasing and Procurement Professionals: They negotiate with suppliers on price, delivery, and terms of service.
- Individuals Interested in Personal Development: Anyone looking to improve their communication skills, develop more confidence, or navigate daily life more effectively can benefit from learning negotiation skills.
The Expert Academy is a specialist creator, publisher and distributor of high-quality online courses. We bring together leading experts from around the world so you can learn from the best.
Our experts will teach you skills that will have an immediate positive impact on your life. We help you learn from the very best.
Gavin Presman is a best-selling author, a Master Practitioner of NLP, a Master Trainer and EMEA Partner for Lumina Learning, and a Graduate and Former Coach on Landmark Education’s Curriculum for Living. He is also Chair of Governors at Eden Primary, a free school in London he helped to found. He has a law degree from Liverpool University, and is a recent graduate of the One Thought Professional Institute.
As a co-founder of Inspiring Insight, and a Street Wizard for the Street Wisdom Programme, he enjoys pioneering innovative learning environments. He is also involved alongside the Innate Health Centre in schools, helping bring productive states of mind to young people through the i-heart programme.
As a European Lead Trainer for Microsoft he was celebrated in their excellence awards in 2013 as their highest rated global trainer. Gavin had a successful sales career, working for brands such as Canon, Capital Radio and Kiss FM and in 2002 he launched his personal and professional training venture, Inspire. Clients now include many of the world’s leading media and technology businesses including Microsoft, JCDecaux, Guardian Media Group, DMGT and Twitter, as well as many creative businesses such as Global Radio, Publicis, Contagious, The How To Academy and Social Chain.
Gavin has also designed tailored influence programmes for global businesses including Global Radio, Microsoft and Sony, and delivers Negotiation and Influence training across the world.
His first book, Negotiation - how to craft agreements that give everyone more, was published by Icon Books in July 2016 and outsold Donald Trumps book on Negotiation for a short time after its launch. His second book, How to sell with complete confidence, will be published by Macmillan in September 2017.
Gavin lives in London with his wife Jools and 3 children, Yasmin, Ziggy and Saffi.
Lahcen is a seasoned online course creator and marketer with nearly a decade-long track record of success. His expertise lies in creating online courses that captivate learners and generate tangible results, from market research to course launch, landing page optimization, content repurposing, and online course promotion.
Having successfully served a diverse range of clients, from solopreneurs to top e-learning companies, Lahcen has established himself as a leader in the online course creation and marketing industry. With a particular focus on Udemy, he has also helped his clients publish and sell courses on various other platforms like Thinkific, Teachable, and Allison.
Lahcen's courses, as well as those of his clients, have positively impacted the lives of millions of learners worldwide. His approach to online course creation and marketing is rooted in his deep understanding of the market and his ability to develop engaging content that resonates with learners.