Managing Health & Safety
What you'll learn
- Recognize hazards in a range of workplace environments and suggest suitable corrective and preventative actions.
- Recognise the role of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and legal duties of both employers and employees.
- Support in the planning, implementation and regular assessment of a health and safety policy.
- Create a positive health and safety culture
- Carry out risk assessments and make references based on your findings.
- Investigate accidents/incidents and prepare reports recommending suitable corrective and preventative measures
- Health and Safety audit.
- Desktop/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile & Internet connection and a basic understadning of health & safetywould be a bonus but not necessary
The following is suggested as a learning material relevant to the NEBOSH Certificate (SCQF 6) examination. Another study method should also complement it. You will learn how to:
Using moral, financial and legal arguments you would be able to justify the health and safety improvements at your workplace
Help your company manage contractors in your workplace and advise on their main duties
Work within a health and safety management system, recognising what effective policy, organisational responsibilities and arrangements should look like
Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour to improve performance in their organisation
Do a general risk assessment in their own workplace – profiling and prioritising risks, inspecting the workplace, recognising a range of common hazards, evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures, planning actions
Recognise workplace changes that have significant health and safety impacts and effective ways to minimise those impacts
Develop basic safe systems of work (including taking account of typical emergencies) and knowing when to use permit-to-work systems for special risks
Who this course is for:
- The International General Certificate provides an excellent foundation to managers, supervisors and employees.
I can tell you from personal experience, the NEBOSH International General Certificate Course - IGC 1 is incredibly exciting and valuable training to complete. It's opened up the doors for students to become safety practitioners, currently work with clients like Amazon, Coca-Cola & Flipkat and ultimately enhances your carrier in health and safety!
The courses come with a lifetime access, friendly support if you get stuck and a 30 day money-back guarantee so there's no risk to get started!
See you in class!