NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA UNIT B - Chemical Agents
What you'll learn
- Understand the different ILO conventions and recommendations regarding safe use of chemicals as well as ILO code of practices.
- Understand different human body systems, routes of entry of chemical agents into these systems, defensive mechanisms and how to build up a robust safety control measures.
- Identify and understand different chemical health effects based on hazardous agent type, dose and duration of exposure.
- Identify different hazardous agents types and industries in which they are used as well as their health effects so that a proper and effective precautions can be taken against them.
- Be familiar with the chemical labeling requirements based on CLP regulations and SDS requirements based on REACH regulations.
- Identify what are animal toxicity tests and how these tests would help us in order to determine chemical carcinogenicity and other hazardous agents health effects and therefore be able to create proportionate control measures.
- Understand and run through different NEBOSH IDIP past exams and you will also be provided with tactics and strategies on how to revise as well as how to answer different exam questions based on NEBOSH command words and thus be able to sit your Unit B exam confidently after completing all other elements of this UNIT.
- Familiarize yourself with asbestos types, health effects and use as well as asbestos fibers sampling and measuring techniques.
- Be aware of carcinogenesis, how it occurs and develops, and thus how to create an effective control measures against the carcinogenic agents in the workplace.
- Identify and understand different airborne contamination types, sizes and shapes so that you know how these airborne contaminations would interact with human body.
- Identify and understand CHIP and CLP regulation and how you can benefit from them in the workplace.
- Be aware of REACH regulations and how these regulations components would help to control chemical supply and manufacturing in EU countries.
- Identify and understand human epidemiology and how this type of analysis would be useful in determining diseases causes and effects.
- Irrespective of qualifications and background, Anybody who wants to boost up his knowledge is greatly welcome.
- Smart Phone, Computer & the Internet
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is the leading safety & health qualification for international health & safety professionals. Respected internationally by employers worldwide, this is the must-have qualification for those wanting to be a "Safety Professional" and have a high-level career in HSE Management.
· Benefits of Achieving the NEBOSH Diploma:
· Valued by employers – NEBOSH Diploma holders get higher salaries (NEBOSH research).
· Boost your career prospects - NEBOSH Diploma holders are in demand throughout the world.
· Use the letters 'IDipNEBOSH' after your name.
· Entitled to graduate membership of IOSH (GradIOSH) & full membership of the IIRSM (MIIRSM).
· Entry requirement for many safety-related UK Masters programs.
This course covers the first element of unit B; the principles of control of chemical toxicology and epidemiology that includes as below:
ILO conventions and recommendations, like convention C 170 and recommendation R 177as well as the ILO code of practice 1993, this course involves also asbestos referring to asbestos types, health effects, and asbestos fibers sampling and measurements techniques, we will discuss additionally human body systems like respiratory system, integumentary system and cardiovascular system and what are routes of entry into these systems, carcinogenicity course which refers to cancer causes, malignant tumors development and scattering over the body, we will also discuss hazardous substances different health effects, airborne contaminants types along with their sizes and shapes, some specific workplace hazardous agents like Mercury, Nickle, Isocyanate, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon, lead, benzene phenol, ammonia and sulphuric acid we will discuss their physical and chemical nature, industry in which they are used, health effects and target organ, in addition, this course covers CHIP, CLP and REACH.
The course also explains animal toxicity tests and human epidemiology as well as different past paper exams and command words explanation.
This is course is designed for those who want to boost up their chemical safe use knowledge at work or even at home as well as become familiar with chemical safe use related-standards, ILO conventions, ILO Recommendations, and ILO code of practices.
This course is also helpful for those who want to undertake NEBOSH international diploma, but unfortunately, they don't have time to attend the classroom courses, but NOW they can study and get ready to sit their NEBOSH Idip exam.
· You will also be provided with downloadable course materials in PPT uploaded in PDF.
Who this course is for:
- Health and safety practitionars who hold NEBOSH IGC and are looking for a higher qualification.
- Those who want to boost their knowledge regarding chemical safe use.
- Those who want to prepare for NEBOSH International Diploma Unit B.
An HSE Manager with several years of experience in drawing up procedures and training programs. I have occupied different Health and Safety roles from HSE assistant to HSE Manager gaining several Profitable years of experience in many sectors, oil & gas Drilling, workover and pipeline projects as well as construction.
I have a deep comprehension of the scope of these industries, thus become able to make evidence-based decisions alongside setting OH&S objectives based on an accurate framework.
I did create Safety management systems for all the companies I worked for alongside others as a freelancer and the yield was obtaining standards certification with zero NCNs.
I am able to build an OHSMS that reduces incidents rate & increases organization profitability beyond any irrelevant OH&S costs.
I own a Full applicable Knowledge & command of ISO 45001-2018 standard accompanies with the ability to create an OHSMS from scratch or even be responsible for the transition from OHSAS 18001 to the new standard with all related documented information.
I have a very good experience in setting up Safety Training programs which I consider as one of my strengths since I do integrate all my years of experience & knowledge in these pieces of training making them exclusive to the Udemy community.