**Update 1/4/2018: This course now has captions. I have personally reviewed and edited them to make sure they are clear and reflect the content! Cheers, Nadine
Learn to write an academic paper that is clear, effective, that makes you look good, and that is well-received.
Academic writing is not about grammar. It's not about fancy words. It's not about memorizing information or showing off new fonts.
It's about effectively communicating a complex idea, and backing that idea up with facts and compelling arguments.
"But I have good ideas!", you protest. "But I still don't get good grades!!"
That's because you haven't learned how to package and sell your ideas to your reader. I was a straight A student before becoming a professional editor. I have spent the past 10 years mastering the art of academic writing. I know how to get good grades, I know what you need to do to get them too. And in this course, I show you.
"I am a graduate student," you sigh. "I don't need some class talking to me about grammar. I need someone who knows that I have ideas that need to get through."
I understand about ideas needing to get through. I am a published researcher, and professional scientific editor. I have edited 100s of manuscripts at every level in the fields of psychology, social science, linguistics, engineering, education... I know what this kind of writing is about. And I know how to make it "sell".
Academic writing is a strict, rules-based form of communication. In this course, I take you behind the scenes and into the mind of your professor (or TA) or referee board. I give you the tips and tricks that I have gained through my years of experience and that work.
I have jam-packed the information you need into a series of lectures, course notes, and quizzes. This course is compact: I give you the information you need to excel, no time-wasters.
The lectures, course notes, and quizzes are complimentary and contain all the information you need to take your academic writing to the next level.
Students who will benefit most:
1) college students/undergraduates who need to boost grades,
2) grad students who need to take their writing to the next level (i.e., finish dissertation and get published!)
This course is NOT for:
1) students who have written multiple theses (if you already know how to package and structure your ideas, but you are still struggling, then your problem might lie elsewhere)
2) students in areas of study which are very dissimilar to the social sciences; each field has its own writing conventions!
3) also: this course is NOT a grammar course. If you are looking for a course to take you through the basics of English grammar and style, I don't do that here. If you are looking for a course to help you kick some academic butt, enroll right now.
There is a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not 100% satisfied, Udemy will give you a full refund, no questions asked.
I love this topic, and I am excited to help you. You have access to me for your questions or specific issues. If you have been looking for a writing course that helps you get your message across, this is the writing course for you. Enroll now!