Navigating Office Politics: Get What You Want at Work
What you'll learn
- Navigate the office politics of any working environment so that you can get more done and be happier at work.
- Identify and interact with different types of workplace personalities, so that you can get what you want more often.
- Identify your organizational allies, enemies and key decision makers to build strong working relationships and avoid unnecessary political battles.
- Create win-win situations in your organization, and know when to leave the battlefield and live to fight another day.
- Though not required, it will be very helpful for participants in this course to have completed the Everything DiSC Workplace Profile. A discount code will be provided in the course room to complete this profile online.
Office politics. The very phrase typically garners a visceral reaction, everything from a subtle tensing of the shoulders to an eye roll, to an outspoken declaration that they will NEVER engage in political wrangling.
Here's the bad news: Office politics is not something you can opt out of. You are in it whether you like it or not. The good news is that if you choose to engage in it, office politics can be navigated in a way that is ethical and above board. Even better, when you learn to play the game, you can become a change agent in your organization.
At its core, the workplace is a social environment. Learning to thrive in that environment is contingent on building effective working relationships so that you can excerpt influence across your organization, regardless of where you happen to rank on the organizational chart. That's what this course will teach you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for individuals who are working within an organization, but does not require any prior knowledge.
- The course is intended for people of all ages and experience levels, from entry level to executive.
Currently I'm a workplace coach and consultant. My goal is to make professional life better for individuals, and drive productivity and results for organizations. I fix the “people problems” – I help individuals figuring out the next step in their career, find their work/life balance, build better working relationships across their organizations, navigate office politics, create a great organizational culture, build and lead more productive teams, and be great managers. I’m an MBA, a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (ABD), and a certified DiSC Trainer.
I'm also a recovering marketer of many years, and use the skills I learned in that part of my professional life every day to build my brand as a coach, generate clients, and close sales.
I'll teach courses about both on Udemy. I hope you enjoy!