Natural Hair & Naturale Freedom for All WomanKind Basic DIY
What you'll learn
- Student will achieve the ability to do Basic DIY Silk Press & Natural Protective Styling
- Students will know and understand what to look for when doing a proper DIY blow dry and shampoo
- Students will understand which products to use and why and when to use them for the best results.
- Students will learn the basics of Natural Haircare Maintenance
- Basic knowledge of haircare. Openness to learning a new technique or enhancing what you thought you knew
- Tools needed: *Denman Brush (black), *Ceramic blow dryer, Professional variable temperature flat irons 450°, large tooth detanglring comb or detangling brush, hair clips (able to hold high density hair or long hair), claw clips (to help hold and separate hair), bone comb, cutting comb or rat-tail comb
- Suggested Products: Design Essentials HCO (heat protectant), Hydrate Conditioner (Detangler and a leave-in used for dry or wet hair)
This course will give tricks of the trade to help you achieve your DIY from a licensed professional in the business of Cosmetology and Natural Hair who has been doing natural hair before it became a phenomon. Many clients always have questions about their hair and how to maintain their Natural Curly or Kinky Hair. This course will give you the basics for you to build upon. You will learn about how to maintain your Blowout/Silk Press and Protective Styling Techniques after leaving the salon or in between services. I also realized not everyone can afford to come to the salon frequently and I wanted make sure those women and young ladies where also equipped to minimize any damage to their beautiful naturally curly or kinky tresses. This is a foundation on the basics and why we do the things we do in a healthy way. Once you get the foundation you can build upon it all!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in learning about the proper way to do a DIY Blowout/Silk Press
- Anyone struggling with doing a proper DIY Silk Press & Protective Styling
- Anyone wanting to understand basic haircare maintenance for curly and kinky Natural Hair
- Anyone NEW to the Natural Hair Journey!
Licensed Master Cosmetologist, Natural Hair Care Specialist and salon owner with thirteen years of experience in the beauty industry and specifically Natural Hair. I have been in the Natural Hair arena from the inception, before natural hair became the intity it is today and way before the movie “Good Hair” made women ask the question, “Do I really have Good Hair or nah?” So many have gotten in the game of natural who are enthusiast but aren’t licensed attempting to give our hard earned knowledge and secrets away about the beauty industry. I am taking the reigns and teach what I’ve worked so hard to study the craft, experience and knowledge to do for a living. Giving you the practical info you need to help you while on your Natural Hair Journey from a licensed expert and professional. Natural Hair creates options that many women did not have beforeand it’s about embracing and learning to love what God gave you naturally. Natural Hair is not a trend it is lifestyle and it’s here to stay!
~ DeAna B.Danzy