Nagios XI Network Monitoring: Setup & Overview for Beginners
What you'll learn
- An overview of Nagios XI and the features it contains
- Setting up different types of new user account, these being admin and user
- Setting up new alerts for hosts and services on your organisation's network
- Scheduling downtime so that alerts don't send emails out unnecessarily
- To be an IT professional with at least 1 year of experience within the IT industry
Over this course, we'll be covering some of the basics surrounding Nagios XI. Some of the topics covered on this course are as follows:
* An overview of Nagios XI and the features it contains
* Setting up different types of new user account, these being admin and user
* Setting up new alerts for hosts and services on your organisation's network
* Viewing the status of configured hosts and services and acknowledging any alerts that appear on the console
* Scheduling downtime so that alerts don't send emails out unnecessarily
* Setting up alerts with the auto discovery feature contained within Nagios XI
* An overview of the different data views that are available and what they are used for
Also covered on this course is an overview of the Admin settings menu, which due to it's size is split into 3 lectures, all of which are located at the end of the course.
Please note that this course is aimed at beginners, meaning that you would be part of a larger IT team where the server admins are taking care of any backups and patching, as tasks such as backing up virtual machines on hypervisors are beyond the scope of the course, but are vital to an organisation's network.
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals that wish to learn more about Nagios XI
I've had a passion for technology from a very early age and achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status in 2004. Over the last 5 years or so I've worked on both IT support and infrastructure support and have provided solutions to 1st line helpdesk staff on how to fix basic problems.