This is a introductory course into Music Theory. If you are brand new to music, you want to check out my "Your First Course on Piano" course here on Udemy.
By the end of this course, you will know how to:
- Identify, understand, and write chords
- Identify, understand, and write in key signatures.
- Identify, understand, and write the most common chord progressions
- Identify and understand the major components of a song.
- Understand some basic melody and harmony concepts.
- Write a very basic song.
This class is for those who have a basic foundation in music and want to understand how music is put together. It is essential that those taking this class know how to read notes. It is recommended that those taking this class have a keyboard. This class will focus less on playing examples, but will focus more on assignments, observational examples, and exercises.
What You Need To Know
- The very basics on music such as how to read notes and note durations.
- What the staff is and the difference between treble clef and bass clef.
Join the over 1,100 students who have taken their first step learning music theory with this course. 4.80 Star Rating!
My name is Tim and I have a Bachelors of Music from West Chester University of Pennsylvania. I have taught dozens and dozens of students locally and have been teaching online for about 3 years. I have taken my music knowledge and compiled it into this course for students around the world who are looking for an easy way of learning piano without spending thousands on lessons.
Did I mention that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. No risk, enroll today and begin learning to play the piano!