Music Theory for Complete Beginners 2
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know how to read notes on the treble and bass clefs
- Understand the concepts of pitch, and be able to imitate pitches on an instrument or with the voice
- Create major scales in every note
- Create the four basic chords: Major, minor, diminished and augmented in every key
- Measure and identify intervals between two musical notes
- A smartphone with a metronome app would be really helpful
- You should know how to read, write and perform basic Rhythms
- All knowledge needed to take this course you can learn in the course "Music Theory for Complete Beginners" available in Udemy
- A music keyboard would be really helpful, you can also use garageband on an iPad or use a music keyboard on a web page
In this course we take a deep dive into the relationships between sounds of different pitch.
We first study musical notes, the staff, the clefs and the acoustic index. All of the basic tools for making music.
Then we understand intervals, how to measure the distance between two different sounds.
When we understand intervals, we are ready to study scales, in this course we study the most important of all, the major scale, and you will be able to make every major scale there are.
And finally, not only do we use sounds in sequence, but also simultaneously, that's why we have to study chords, in this course you will learn the four basic chords there are: Major, Minor, Diminished and Augmented.
- Total beginners who want to learn the most basic fundamentals of music
- Intermediate or advanced musicians who want to refresh and solidify their understanding and skill of the fundamentals of music
- People who want to learn a new instrument by themselves but don't understand the concepts in books or tutorials
We first need to understand the basic quality of sound called the pitch, in this video we analyze how the pitch affects the sound.
In this lecture you'll learn the 7 main notes of music, making your way to understand the music system in which western music is based.
At the end of this lecture, you'll be able to perceive the differences between octaves, and play the notes in their correct range.