Music Theory and Reading Music - The Beginners Guide!
What you'll learn
- You will be taken from beginner to expert level knowledge in understanding music theory, reading music, writing music, and even composing your own songs.
- You will understand the fundamentals of musical concepts such as notes, rhythm, scales, chords, scores, composition, songwriting, and more!
- You will have a strong understanding of how certain chords and notes can change the sound and feel of your songs.
- You will be a better musician, whether you play the piano, guitar, or other instrument, because of the knowledge you will have on how music actually works.
- You will be given an overview of Logic Pro X that you can follow along with at your own pace, even though no software is required for this course.
- You will get an overview of how piano chords and guitar chords work, and how you can arrange them for your musical productions.
- You will have a solid foundation of basic and even advanced music theory by the end of this course!
- This course is for beginners or anyone else who wants to learn common music theory, music terminology, and reading or writing music.
- You will learn the basics for better music composition, music production, and songwriting. Even though nothing is required to take this course, feel free to watch with pen and paper or your favorite instrument such as a piano or guitar.
- In the lessons, we use Logic Pro X to display and explain music theory, but it is not required. If you would like to follow along in Logic you can, but this information is applicable across all software and audio workstations.
- You can follow along, step-by-step, to learn music theory from a beginner level, or you can skip ahead to the more advanced sections that you would like to watch!
Learn Music Theory and Reading Music in this New Course!
Many people try to learn music but struggle because there is so much to know!
Most quit before they even get started. :(
That's because they've never been taught the program in a step-by-step, easy to learn manner.
But that isn't you now, is it?
You have found the perfect course for learning music theory. It doesn't matter if you have no experience at all, this course was designed to teach you music theory and reading music in the most effective means necessary.
With over 5 hours of video, this music course is JAM PACKED with information to help you learn music theory to help you improve at writing music today!
The videos build on one another so that as you work through this course, you will understand more and more!
Pretty sweet, huh? :)
Not only that, but this course is also designed so that if you already know some music theory or how to read music and just need help with a specific principle, you can skip directly to that topic!
So who can benefit from learning music theory?
Understanding the basics of music is useful for a lot of careers, industries, and hobbies. It doesn't matter if it's songwriting, music production, instrument playing, music composition, or singing. This course will cover ideas that can be used in any niche!
Each section goes into specific detail of the principle being shown so that you will feel comfortable using them on your own.
This course will cover:
Basic Music Theory
and so much more!
Other great stuff you might want to know..
Not only will you get over 5 hours of music theory video content and lessons and a new life skill, you will also have direct communication with the instructors to help you along.
This includes direct messages, discussions, and specialized projects in the course that will allow you to interact with the instructor and others.
Feeling lost? Don't worry, we are here for you!
As they say, "Come for the course, stay for the community."
Well, that's not the exact phrase, but you get what I mean. :)
So what are you waiting for?!
The time is now to stop procrastinating and begin learning music theory so that you can take full advantage of everything that it has to offer!
Enroll now in this course and get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who doesn't know anything about music, music theory, or proper songwriting and composition and wants to expand their skills. You will be learning about music theory, reading music, and writing your own songs by the end of this course!
- Musicians who want to improve or learn the essentials of Reading Music and Music Theory
- Producers who want to improve or learn the essentials of Reading Music and Music Theory
- Artists who want to improve or learn the essentials of Reading Music and Music Theory
- Songwriters who want to improve or learn the essentials of Reading Music and Music Theory
- Singers who want to improve or learn the essentials of Reading Music and Music Theory
- and anyone else who wants to learn the joy of playing and writing their own music!
Hi, Tomas here. I'm a UK Music Producer, Composer and Audio Engineer.
I've been producing and writing music now for over fifteen years and I've got an MMus Masters Degree in Music Production and a BA (Hons) Degree in Music Composition.
I really enjoy writing and producing all types of music, but I especially love teaching it online.
Since 2016, I've been creating online courses that over 290,000 students from around the world have taken.
My courses teach the skills to help you learn and improve at music and audio production.
My name is Jeremy Deighan and I am thrilled to be a part of the Udemy team of instructors, helping others achieve their own personal goals. I have had quite a range of skills and hobbies throughout my lifetime. I really enjoy teaching and hope to provide information to others on anything and everything I know how to do. Please take a moment to check out my courses, and if you take any please leave a review and any feedback you have.
Starting my own business in 2015 has led me down some interesting and wonderful paths in my lifetime. I've learned the ins and outs of management, marketing, accounting, sales, and other aspects of a business environment. The skills I've learned through podcasting, blogging, creating videos, and marketing is something I will carry the rest of my life into many other endeavors.
Art and Design
I have an extensive background in different forms of art and design. I have an Associate's Degree in Computer Animation and I've worked with various production houses to create awesome content. Adobe Photoshop has been a staple of my arsenal since I was 16 and I still use it faithfully to this day.
I also have a history in live visual arts, specifically lighting design for music events, festivals, theaters, and corporate gigs. My passion for the visual arts has helped me become a master in understanding lighting, color theory, and composition.
One of the first things I did as a young lad was learning music. Music is so powerful and one of my favorite things in life. I love playing music and have played various instruments; including guitar, bass guitar, drums, violin, and the saxophone.
I feel music can provide so many emotions and feelings, and also has scientific and mathematical characteristics. It is such a fun topic and I can't wait to begin creating courses on this subject.
Being a Capricorn and an INTJ means I am destined for organization and time management. I have a strong leaning toward seeing the bigger picture and finding ways to stay productive while working on different tasks and projects. Productivity, time management, project management, spreadsheets, and to-do lists are staples of my everyday work, and love teaching these skills to others.
Math, Science, and History
I can't tell you what the latest Kardashian is up to, but I can definitely tell you a lot about Crab Fisheries and the Egyptian King Khufu. Typically when I am studying something outside of the art and music realm, it has to do with math, science, and history. I'm just drawn to man's accomplishments and new ways of thinking about things.
Healthy Eating and Exercise
To live a long and balanced life, you need to eat right and take care of your body. It's a mission of mine to make sure that I am in the best physical shape so that I can be around long enough to provide for my family. If there's any courses that I can feel like I really can give back, it would be explaining to others how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I mean, if you're not healthy, how can you help anyone else out?
I've also been very active in sports throughout my life. Usually, these are extreme sports such as skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding. I'm also a big fan of running, mountain biking, and have taken various martial art forms in the past.
That explains a little about me and my background. It also gives me focus on some key things that I would like to teach in the near future, so look out for courses from me on these topics.
Founded by Tomas George and Christopher Carvalho Early 2018
DMM is an online community and academy aimed at teaching budding artists the world over how to get the best out of what they have at home.
Based in Leeds, UK. Digital Music Masters specialises in creating practical music production content and resources for producers, singers, songwriter, and audio engineers.