- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the Basics of Music Licensing.
- Gain Knowledge of how to find major players in Music Licensing.
- Learn about the in's and out's of Music Publishing.
- Gain Knowledge on how to build your own professional Music Catalogue for Tv and Film.
- Learn how to pitch your songs and instrumentals to music supervisors.
- Have a background in producing, writing songs, and composing music.
- Have an open mind and a professional attitude.
- Have a desire to learn more and make process in your journey in music licensing.
Are you a composer, songwriter, or music industry professional?
Would you like to learn the business of licensing your music to TV and Film companies?
Music licensing can be a great way to establish yourself as a professional in the music industry. If you are going after placements it is way easier and high more likely to find success licensing your music to tv and film than to major artists.
My co-instructor Lee "The Write Hook" Evans and I have both secured several placements with major shows and networks like BET, OXYGEN NETWORK, BRAVO, MTV, VH1, and more! In addition, we get residual income quarterly from these placements and upfront money in the form of sync fees.
Here are some topics from the course:
What is music licensing and how it works
What is music publishing and how it works
How to get your music ready for placement opportunities
How to increase your chances of getting placements
The art of making connections
And who and where to submit your music
If you already have professional placements and are currently licensing your music this is not the best opportunity for you. But if you are new to music licensing, have quality music production and songwriting skills then take action!
We'll see you on the other side :)
- This course is made for music producers, songwriters, and recording artists seeking information on how to start getting their music placed in tv and film.
- This course is NOT made for music professionals that already have lots of credits in tv and film, but can still be a great general music licensing resource.
Gain an introduction to music licensing and how it benefits you as a recording artist, songwriter, music producer, and music publisher.
After taking this lecture you will have a solid understanding of and introduction to music licensing. We will cover the standard definition and how it applies to you as a music composer for tv and film.
You will fully understand copyright and how it applies to music licensing.
All questions in this quiz came from the section "Getting Started in The Music Business". They are designed to help ensure that you have a basic understanding of the course information. Please take the quiz to see where you're at with the information. If you score an 80% or above you are ready to go to the next section. If you score below 80% please review the section one more time. Thanks!
Learn two important terms to use with other music professionals in the world of music licensing.
How to build relationship and make connections in the music licensing world.
You will know the main job responsibilities of a music supervisor in music licensing and why they are one of the best people to build a relationship with.