Music Business for Artists – Preparing a Release Campaign
What you'll learn
- Understanding what you should do before releasing music
- Preparing a release campaign to help build career success
- Music marketing for independent artists
- Professional strategies to develop your artist brand
- How to create your own campaign assets
- Social media content preparation and use
- How to write an artist biography
- Preparing press shots and artwork and music videos
- Finding your market and artist community
- How to find music industry contacts relevant to you
- You should already have music recordings ready for a release campaign (We recommend a minimum of between 4 and 6 singles for your campaign to be effective)
If you are an independent artist wanting to release your own music, then this course is for you. If you want to monetize your music and build an artist career, then it’s vital you work with a proven, professional marketing strategy for releasing music.
This course covers everything you need to know and prepare before you begin your release campaigns:
· Learn effective music marketing concepts for independent artists
· Prepare for your own release campaigns
· Learn how to develop your brand and create your marketing assets
· Learn how to find your market
· Learn how to find relevant industry contacts
· Understand how release campaigns can build your artist career
Follow this course and release your music like a professional artist
Whether you are releasing for the first time, or have already released before but achieved little progress, we will show you how to prepare for an effective release campaign.
We have worked with thousands of artists through artist management, coaching and education.
This course has been written from the numerous coaching sessions we deliver and the real-life release campaigns we manage for our artists.
This course combines strategies, knowledge and ideas that have proved successful in advancing artist careers. The course focuses on developing your own brand, based on your music and artistry, and then building your campaign around it. We show you what you need to prepare for your campaign and how to do it.
Importantly, we also show you how to develop your own set of music industry contacts, so you are ready to begin your campaign in the real world, and not just in theory.
Most self-releasing artists do not follow a campaign preparation strategy and often their marketing efforts only begin after already releasing their tracks. But only a professional approach produces professional outcomes. If you have gone to so much effort to create your music, then surely you want to reach your full potential when it is released. We will guide you and show you how.
Once you have completed this course you will be ready to begin releasing your music with your campaigns prepared to a professional standard. You will understand your strategy with clarity and have confidence you are giving your music the best possible chance of success.
You owe it to yourself to make the most of your talent.
We look forward to seeing you inside.
Who this course is for:
- For independent, self-releasing music artists
- For those determined to monetize their music releases
- For those who do it, and don’t just dream it
The Artist Guides founders, James Brister and Sean McDermott have over 30 years of joint experience in the music industry. They specialise in artist management, performance, musicianship, music business, artist development, and career coaching.
They also established the artist management company Amour Music in 2012 and continue to manage a varied roster of artists, songwriters, and producers. They have developed and launched new artists, negotiated and secured a variety of label agreements and industry contracts, built fanbases, and managed numerous release campaigns. Their artists have achieved millions of plays on streaming services, performed live in theatres and arenas around the world, and written and produced tracks for an array of acts.
Previous and current music industry roles include Directorships, Head of Marketing, Industry Liaison Manager, Head of Sales, and Consultancy. Both founders worked for many years on the senior management team at the UK’s leading music performance school (the ICMP) in London. Achievements included building an industry network, creating a music careers service, and coaching artists.
James and Sean have worked with thousands of artists and music professionals including Apre, Matt Maltese, Bear’s Den, Laura Welsh, Barney Lister (Ivor Novello Winner 2021), Elena Tonra, Remi Aguilella and Igor Haefeli (Daughter & Ex:Re), Charlotte Clark, Josh Vine, scott is okay, ARK, Jones, Iyamah, Louisa Allen (Foxes), Arni Arnason (The Vaccines), Stealth, Richard Fairlie, Joel McBride (Tom O’Dell), Mike Dignam, Ted Dwayne (Mumford & Sons), David Klinke (George Ezra) and many more.