Music Business: Find Music Publishing & Licensing Placements
What you'll learn
- Pitch to music publishers
- Be paid royalties for your music
- Find out how to have your music used in films, TV and other media placements
- Sell your music in music libraries
- Evaluate the commercial potential of your music
- Know when and how to find a music publisher
- Understand the different types of music publisher and which will best suit your musical goals
- Understand different publishing deals
- Source and use songshare agreements for fair shares of your copyright
- Find out how to self publish your music
- Use platforms like LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter to find placements for your songs
- Find out how to form relationships with music supervisors
- Use online pitching services to find placements for your music
- Access organisations who can help you with professional development as a songwriter
- You should be able to write music
- Your should have some tracks recorded to broadcast standard
Do you write music but don't know how to get artists to record it or have it placed in film, TV, advertising etc?
If you have been writing and recording songs and you would like to start making money from them, this course is for you. Music publishing can seem hard to break into, but in this course you will find out that it’s possible for songwriters at various stages of their careers to have songs placed with artists and used in film, TV and other media by using online platforms and finding reputable companies in the music industry to work on your behalf. We will also look at self publishing. This is everything you need to know about music publishing in one place. The course has input form me as a published songwriter but also includes interviews with songwriters signed to universal and cool independents and a commercial pop publisher with international success .
Do you want to be a published songwriter but haven’t been sure how to have your songs published?
I am published songwriter named One to Watch twice by Nashville Songwriters Association International. I have been commissioned to write for reality TV graduates, written for up and coming artists, co-written with multi platinum writers and producers and my music has been used in documentaries and advertising. I would like to help you succeed in the music industry in doing what I do.
What We Will Discover
We will learn about the different kinds of music publishers and music publishing deals and their role in the music industry but more importantly we will learn how to apply this information to your goal of monetising your songwriting.
· Traditional Music Publishers
· Music Licensing Agencies
· Online Music Libraries
* Being paid royalties
· When to Find a Music
Publisher (assessing the commercial viability of your songwriting)
· How to Find a Music Publisher
· Self Publishing
· Finding and Building Relationships with Music Supervisors
· Pitching services and how to use them to maximum benefit
· Organisations to join who can help advance your songwriting career
After the course you will
· Be able to find the right publisher for you
· Be able to find sync (TV,film etc) opportunities
· Be able to efficiently make use of online pitching services
· Use platforms like YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter to find placements
· Understand how to become a published songwriter
Please Note: There are no 'hacks', shortcuts or insider tips that will help you succeed in publishing and licensing. There is a process which you need to commit to and your songs need to be written to commercial standard and recorded to broadcast standard. This course is for professionals with a business-like approach so ti wont suit you if you are looking for a quick fix.
If you want to start earning money from your music, please enroll now and I’m looking forward to joining you on your musical journey.
Who this course is for:
- If you write music and want to make money from it, this course is for you
Hi. I'm Eve Williams and It's my aim to help you go as far as you can go in music, business and English Literature. I'm an award winning singer and songwriter from Co. Down in Northern Ireland. I have written with and for stars of the Voice Norway and the X Factor UK and my music has been featured in documentaries and advertising. I'm a regular contributor to Songwriting magazine in the UK.
I hold a Master of Music in Songwriting from Bath Spa University as well as an Honours degree plus a Master's degree in English from the Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. In 2015 Nashville Songwriters Association International recognised me as One to Watch twice (April and June).
I'm also also a music educator and online coach, running an on site teaching practice and an online coaching/mentoring service . I have taught at Queen's University of Belfast (Russell International Excellence Group), further education colleges, music schools, community groups, music industry education bodies and privately and in doing so have worked with a very large range of groups and individuals so I'm always happy to engage with your questions and give feedback on your work.
If you have any questions about any of my courses, please feel free to get in touch.
'A great voice'
-John McGlynn, Anúna
'Eve has established herself as an artist of considerable sophistication, recognised for her powerful toplines and moving lyrics.'
-The Musician Journal, UK
'This is quality stuff '
'This is excellent folk music and comes highly recommended'