Muay Thai Defense and Counter Techniques
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Defense and Counter techniques against Punch, Elbow, Knee, Kicking and Foot Techniques
- Effective Techniques for the Muay Thai Clinch
- Basic Muay Thai experience is recommended
Muay Thai, also known as Thai-Boxing, is a traditional martial art developed centuries ago. Nowadays, Thai-Boxing is trained as a competitive and fitness sport, but also as a means of self-defense.
In these videos you get to know the defense and counters. Ten Thai-Boxing Champions show the best possible defense against an opponent´s attack and how to follow up with an effective attacking technique of your own.
You will see defense and counters against punches, elbow techniques, kicks, and knee techniques.
You will learn how to catch and attack the opponent s kicking leg and how to react if the opponent catches your kicking leg. Also you will also learn how to control your opponent in a clinch, to throw him away from you, to defend against his attacks and to get out of his grip.
Among the actors you will see current world champions like Saiyok, Kem, Phetbonchu, Nonsai, Samranchai, Antuan, Jaochalam and Armin. The videos will acquaint you with techniques by which these athletes win their fights. All technical details are described in detail for easy understanding and adaptation.
Use the videos to develop into an advanced Thai-Boxer. You can also use the techniques as an effective method of self-defense.
Watch out for the other online courses of this series: 'Muay Thai Basic Techniques' and 'Muay Thai Training and Techniques Intensive'.
- Phetbonchu FA Group (World Champion, 4-times Lumpini Champion, 4-times Thai Champion).
- Saiyok Pumphanmuang (World Champion, Lumpini Champion, Rajadamnern Champion, voted as best Thai Boxer 2010, member Thai Fight team).
- Kem Sitsongpeenong (World Champion, Thai Champion, Rajadamnern Champion, voted as best Thai Boxer 2011, member Thai Fight team).
- Armin Windysport(World Champion, 2-times Thai Champion, member Thai Fight team).
- Antuan Siangboxing (triple World champion, member of Contender Asia 2).
- Nonsai Sor Sanyakorn (many international titles).
- Samranchai 96Peenung (Thai Champion).
- Jaochalam Chatnakanok Gym (World Champion).
- Petpatum Nakorntongparkview (former South Thai Champion, Stuntman in Ong Bak 1-3).
- Prakaisaeng Sit Or (Thailand Champion).
- People who want to learn basic, intermediate and advanced Muay Thai
- People who want to improve their stand-up fighting skills