MTA 98-366 Networking Fundamentals Cert Prep 2018
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students who complete this course will acquire knowledge that will permit them to be successfulwith passing the MTA 98-366 Networking Fundamentals exam.
- Although students who posses a basic understanding of computers and/or information technology is helpful, this class is appropriate for anyone seeking to increase their knowledge of computers.
What Will I Learn?
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Understand network infrastructures
• Understand network hardware
• Understand protocols and services
• Basic Information technology knowledge
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is Microsoft’s newest suite of technology certification exams that validate fundamental knowledge needed to begin building a career using Microsoft technologies. This program provides an appropriate entry point to a future career in technology and assumes some hands-on experience or training but does not assume on-the-job experience. Quizzes are included at the end of each section to provide individual assessments of the knowledge presented in each lesson.
• Understanding network infrastructures (30–35%)
• Understanding network hardware (20–25%)
• Understanding protocols and services (45-50%)
Note: This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed above. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
For those who are considering entering into an IT career and need to learn the basics, gaining MTA certification can be highly beneficial.
According to Microsoft, 86% of managers state that IT certifications are important when they are considering candidates and 91% say that a certification is essential when they are hiring. Per Microsoft, 64% of managers thought that certifications had high value when it came to validating the skills of job candidates and that certification, experience and training were some of the most important characteristics when selecting a employee. Perhaps the best news of all is that in a survey of nearly 700 IT professionals, 60% stated that getting a certification led to them securing a new job.
An MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) certification supplies the expertise and knowledge needed for a specific technology or product and is the recommended starting point for the Microsoft certifications. It provides a solid foundation and with just one exam you earn a certification that will allow you to take your first step towards a career in IT.
For those hoping to improve employability, having a world recognized qualification could be key to raising your profile. So impress future employees and feel confident when you go to your next interview knowing that you have a certification and the skills that will enable a successful IT career.
• Lesson 1 Understanding Local Area Networking
• Lesson 2 Defining Networks with the OSI Model
• Lesson 3 Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
• Lesson 4 Understanding Internet Protocol
• Lesson 5 Implementing TCP-IP in the Command Line
• Lesson 6 Working with Networking Services
• Lesson 7 Understanding Wide Area Networks
• Lesson 8 Defining Network Infrastructure and Security
- This course is designed for anyone interested in enhancing their networking and computer related skills