Learn Secure Database Administration: MS SQL Server Security
What you'll learn
- Learn how to install Microsoft Windows Server
- Prepare Microsoft Windows Server environment for MS SQL Database installation
- Learn how to install Microsoft MS SQL Database from scratch
- Installation decisions before building the RDBMS
- Learn how to use Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Learn how to use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Configure SQL Server in a secure way
- Learn hardening Microsoft SQL Server
- Surface Area Configuration & Reduction
- Policy Based Management with Microsoft SQL Server
- Using Powershell to configure SQL Server
- Basic understanding of IT systems
- Basic understanding of how relational database management systems work
- Computer Science background or job experience on IT is a plus
- Some database management experience is a huge plus
Database management is so essential and critical for the enterprises but making it secure is more crucial than that. MS SQL Server is one of the most popular commercial RDBMSs recently.
In this course, MS SQL database management concepts will be explained with security in mind
All crucial security measures will be explained throughout the course and will be implemented during the hands-on practice labs.
With a hands-on style, we'll cover topics such as
- Preparing a windows server for secure installation,
- MS SQL server configuration
- Surface area reduction with sp_configure,
- Extended protection against luring attacks and spoofing attacks,
- Static and dynamic port configurations,
- Channel and service binding techniques,
- Hiding SQL instance
- Policy based management and preventative policy examples
- Patching and compliance
- And many more best practices in this domain.
We will also have 2 lab
assignments about creating a table name policy and a powershell proxy job
on MS SQL Server, which we will solve the problems together.
By the end of the course, you'll know how to install and manage secure MS SQL server with confidence, which gives you the skills to prevent data leakages even if the cyber attacks can bypass other security mechanisms in place.
Who this course is for:
- DBAs or Database Developers in all levels
- Business Intelligence Developers
- Full Stack Software Developers
- Software Developers who are related with databases
- Data Scientists
Frontier Education Labs and Technologies on Security, FeltSecure, is a cyber security education institution which focuses teaching IT security to anyone interested in cyber.
As a team of 10+ experienced security professionals, we provide e-learning courses and practical training services, along with the penetration testing and security auditing assistance for you.
Focusing on purely practical aspects, our mission is to cover security skills you need in your professional life!